Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Winnipeg...hopefully, anyone there?

Moving to Winnipeg...hopefully, anyone there?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Winnipeg...hopefully, anyone there?

I just got back from a bit of skating at the Forks after work!

Have you got a schedule in terms of moving to Winnipeg - if you are looking at end of the summerish I might be able to point you in the direction of a nice fully furnished 3/4 bed house to rent - some friends are taking a sabbatical and would like to rent their place out for a while
s
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:02 am
Just Joined

WinniBee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
I just got back from a bit of skating at the Forks after work!

Have you got a schedule in terms of moving to Winnipeg - if you are looking at end of the summerish I might be able to point you in the direction of a nice fully furnished 3/4 bed house to rent - some friends are taking a sabbatical and would like to rent their place out for a while
s
Thanks Snowshoveller, I should be able to answer that in a couple of weeks, but at the moment I'm thinking end of June maybe into July depending on the CIC, I'll keep you posted.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:01 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic - info -
East St Paul is --rurally and loads of people do the drive in from there.
You could look at North Kildonan as well around the Gateway Rec area.

Checked with a colleague who travels in from Oakbank - 30 minute non-rush 40 minutes during uses a tank fo gas - a week , plus $130 for parking.
so $270 dollars to get to work. -- but he commutes with his wife so works out $135 each not bad.

If you want any info on Oakbank he's the guy as he's lived there all his life and move 3 times. to the different areas
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:28 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WinniBee
So with regards to a meet up, I may have availability on the evening of the 5th of Feb and I'd be grateful to anyone who fancies coming out and sharing their story with me over a beer.
I should be available to make it.

Adam recently contacted me with regards to a meet up so hopefully he should be available to but he should be along to confirm that himself in the next little while...

So is Feb 5th good for people? (Its a thurs)
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livermanl
I should be available to make it.

Adam recently contacted me with regards to a meet up so hopefully he should be available to but he should be along to confirm that himself in the next little while...

So is Feb 5th good for people? (Its a thurs)
I'm around on the 5th if a meet-up is on the cards.

I have a feeling though that the location of our last meet-up has now closed - hopefully not connected to us in any way!

WinniBee - regards rentals, I think the Corydon area has quite a few apartments that are usually for rent, but not too sure about single-family dwellings. But with 2 large universities in the city there does always seem to be lecturers going on sabatical so willl keep my ears open on any vacancies.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone, I've now got some school visits lined up and a hire car to go on a neighbourhood reccie.

The 5th is a Thursday so if folks do fancy a light refreshment I'll gladly participate.

Winnibee
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:59 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I know a nice place on Portage Ave where we could meet, i`m very friendly (most of the time) with the management and could arrange a group discount.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:03 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I know a nice place on Portage Ave where we could meet, i`m very friendly (most of the time) with the management and could arrange a group discount.
I wonder...
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:49 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

food and Beer in that discount?????
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:57 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grah
food and Beer in that discount?????
I think that could be arranged.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:59 pm
Happy in Canada.

Go arrange then young sir, and don't forget to strenght the tables ready for dancing
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

so how did the recce go winnibee?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

It was good. Lovely people, I enjoyed my visit. Still working through some details on the job front.
We hope to be over in the summer.