Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Vancouver part2

Moving to Vancouver part2

Old Jan 14th 2016, 3:06 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Vancouver part2

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
True, the big dog is going to be an issue. Might find something in Kits though. As I said wife doesn't need to take water taxi but the walk to Howe and get the bus isn't too far from Yaletown.
Kits and S. Granville are his best options. There are plenty of places in Kits that would allow a dog. They're aren't great, usually those stucco places that were built in the 1960s, but unless you have big budget that's what you'll have to put up with when you have a dog. The most desirable places the landlord can choose to be picky.

If I lived down near Science World and had to go to GI every day. I'd buy a Zodiac with a bit of wind/rain protection and for about $80-$100 a month see if I could moor behind some big boat down there. Be a quick and fun commute.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
How many of those places will allow a big dog? And a water taxi would add considerable expense doing it twice a day plus there are a few days when it is too rough even on False Creek for the taxis to run
OP has a cockapoo which is a small dog and probably suited for a condo. Having said that, (speaking as a dog owner) I wouldn't have a dog and live in a condo complex where I had to use the lift to get down to ground floor - too much hassle to bring the dog out for a walk.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 3:22 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
OP has a cockapoo which is a small dog and probably suited for a condo. Having said that, (speaking as a dog owner) I wouldn't have a dog and live in a condo complex where I had to use the lift to get down to ground floor - too much hassle to bring the dog out for a walk.
My mistake, I was thinking it was a labradoodle for some reason. Yes, a small dog will be easier to find something and live in an apartment with.

People have them here. The owners are really annoying as they expect you to fawn all over their dogs like they do, but I really just want to kick them in the face, (the owners and the dogs) especially when the smelly naffers come up snaffling around in the lift when I got a take away.

Last edited by Oink; Jan 14th 2016 at 3:27 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 3:25 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
My mistake, I was thinking it was a labradoodle for some reason. Yes, a small dog will be easier to find something and live in an apartment with.
I thought it was a bird
Old Jan 14th 2016, 6:08 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Look to rent anywhere between Trafalgar in Kits to Main Street. Make sure it's south of False creek and no further south than Broadway or so and you'll be fine. That'll give you a walk to work easily. Especially nice along the seawall if you're east of GI

Much better than Yaletown.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 6:20 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Oink;11837359]My mistake, I was thinking it was a labradoodle for some reason. Yes, a small dog will be easier to find something and live in an apartment with.

People have them here. The owners are really annoying as they expect you to fawn all over their dogs like they do, but I really just want to kick them in the face, (the owners and the dogs) especially when the smelly naffers come up snaffling around in the lift when I got a take away. [/QUOTE

I have plenty of canine friends in your area- it will take just one call and they will bite that glorious Oink butt and steal your takeaway! They probably smelled one of their relatives in your food

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 14th 2016 at 7:43 pm. Reason: I'm back on my iPad
Old Jan 14th 2016, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

peteforde is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice, remind me not to around I don't want a kick in the face and neither does my dog
Old Jan 14th 2016, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by peteforde
Nice, remind me not to around I don't want a kick in the face and neither does my dog
They don't allow renters in my building mate.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 7:39 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peteforde
Oink is rarely serious about anything

At least I hope not, cause otherwise he genuinely called me old on another thread

Of course I suppose I am..
Old Jan 14th 2016, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Oink is rarely serious about anything

At least I hope not, cause otherwise he genuinely called me old on another thread

Of course I suppose I am..
I wouldn't really kick anyone, just keep your stinking poop machines away from my curry. A couple of nights ago, I brought home a couple of exceedingly tasty wood-fired Neapolitan style pizzas and thought this little aggressive schnauzer was going to attack me in the lift. Its owner thought it was very funny, its little wonder I wanted to smash its furry little head in and I didn't care much for the dog either.