Moving Quotes

Old Mar 21st 2015, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving Quotes

Has anyone got recent shipping quotes moving your house contents from UK to Calgary? Who's offering the most competive price at the minute?

Is the summer period more expensive.

Thank you.

Last edited by AB4NOW; Mar 21st 2015 at 10:07 pm. Reason: Amended
Old Mar 21st 2015, 11:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Quotes

I have moved your thread out of the Immigration forum and into the General Canada Forum. I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist you.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

I'm doing this at the moment. My best tip: Call a well known name and tell them what you're shipping. Ie. 3 bedroom house, most furniture but not wardrobes, white goods or large electricals. Then ask them to estimate the volume of your shipment in cubic feet.

Then, find a quote company online, and fill in your info giving the volume estimate.

Then, don't answer your phone to any unfamiliar numbers for the next 24 hours (!!!) and wait for the emails to arrive.

Employ a spreadsheet to compare the quotes you receive. Factor in whether or not they pack for you and the insurance percentage.

Don't answer your phone. You'll have sales pitch exhaustion 10 minutes into the first 25 minute call!

I'm finding they're all very similar price wise. I'm just fine tuning things now as I have yet to get a handle on how long it will take. I'm hearing cautionary tales of making sure your belongings don't stagnate in storage waiting to make up a full container.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute

Andie8

Thanks for the info, can you tell me who your using to quote? PM me if you want.

AB4NOW
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

I can't remember what website I used but a quick google search "international removals quote" will result in a number of comparison sites and shipping companies. Look for 'get quotes from up to 6 companies'.

I would make the call tomorrow to a national firm, get an idea of volume, and then enter my details into a quote generator. Otherwise they estimate the volume and the estimates vary. For the same list of stuff I got quotes for 70 cu ft and 150 cu ft. It's hard to compare prices.

You won't get an instant quote but rest assured your phone will start ringing the next day - 8 missed calls in 3 hours for me. Then the emails will come.