Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving, and moving stuff.

Moving, and moving stuff.

Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving, and moving stuff.

Hey, I'll be applying for the IEC thing when that pops around again, and just wondered if anyone has any experience with moving a load of stuff over to Canada.
I've got stuff like Electronics (PC, PS4 and stuff) and a few other bits and bobs I'll want to bring along, so any advice on how to go about moving the bigger bits around?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving, and moving stuff.

Originally Posted by Kirol
Hey, I'll be applying for the IEC thing when that pops around again, and just wondered if anyone has any experience with moving a load of stuff over to Canada.
I've got stuff like Electronics (PC, PS4 and stuff) and a few other bits and bobs I'll want to bring along, so any advice on how to go about moving the bigger bits around?
Compared to a lot of people you haven't got much stuff... We sent some stuff via DHL when it got forgotten. Cost about 100GBP for about 100lbs if I remember rightly, but that was about 3 years ago.
Other option is to look in to a shared container but that would take a while to get here...
Old Oct 15th 2014, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

jayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond repute

Would your PS4 work out here? due to PAL/NTSC or is that like an old language that doesnt matter these days?
Old Oct 15th 2014, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Kirol is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh, from what I gather the PAL/NTSC is based on screen refresh rates via Coaxial cable. Since most stuff uses HDMI these days, the standard is 60 hertz instead of using different ones.
As for region-locked discs, that's a different matter.
I'm pretty sure things are region-free, but I can always buy online if not.
I didn't know DHL did stuff like that. Thought it was just small packages.
Any size limits or aught?
I've obviously got a few clothes and stuff to bring too, but generally it's just electronic goods. Anyone got a few favourite companies? Good experiences?
Anyone I should avoid?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

GrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to all

If you click on my name you will find an article I wrote about moving our stuff to Toronto last Autumn, it may give you a couple of idea's.
Best Wishes.