Reload this Page >

Moving to Montreal

Moving to Montreal

Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:52 am
Rosie

Rosie48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Montreal

Hi there

I will be in Montreal during September after many previous visits with a view to go to M to live. Does anyone have any experience of the best way to job search for jobs in English? I am considering setting up my own business too. I know that I can visit for 6 months and obtain a temporary work permit, but am find the Canadian Gov web site rather difficult to get all the facts. Should I go to Canada House in London?

I would be most grateful for any advice - hey and may be a meet up whilst I am there!!!

Many thanks

Rosemary
Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Montreal

The Youth Employment Centre (yesmontreal.ca) is a good resource when for searching for English-speaking jobs in Montreal. You also have the Gazette, the local English paper (montrealgazette.com), and the major online job sites like workopolis.com, monster.ca and jobboom.ca.

As for visas to work there, you'd better contact CHC London before you make any plans. The immigration board on this site is very good for helping you through the process as there are a lot of people in the same position that can help.

Good luck!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:07 pm
Rosie

Rosie48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Montreal

Originally Posted by jorja
The Youth Employment Centre (yesmontreal.ca) is a good resource when for searching for English-speaking jobs in Montreal. You also have the Gazette, the local English paper (montrealgazette.com), and the major online job sites like workopolis.com, monster.ca and jobboom.ca.

As for visas to work there, you'd better contact CHC London before you make any plans. The immigration board on this site is very good for helping you through the process as there are a lot of people in the same position that can help.

Good luck!
Hi,

Thanks you so much for your reply. This is very helpful.

Best wishes
Rosie