Reload this Page >

Moving to Lethbridge Alberta

Moving to Lethbridge Alberta

Old Nov 11th 2019, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Nikki22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Lethbridge Alberta

Hello everyone!

I am planning on moving to Lethbridge AB in early May 2020. I have been to Lethbridge on vacation before and love the small city feel. I am from a small city myself and feel a change is needed but I do not think I would fare well in a larger city. I have my heart set on Lethbridge but rmany people are telling me I am making a mistake moving to Lethbridge as the city has been receiving negative press in respect to crime and job prospects.

Just curious to hear from those living in Lethbridge and what you think!

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lethbridge Alberta

Hi. Welcome to BE. You've come to the right site to get lots of good information.

But first, where are you moving from?

If from overseas, have you got all your visa approvals in order to be able to move to Lethbridge in early May next year?
Old Nov 11th 2019, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Hi, I already currently reside in Canada so will be moving from one coast (PEI) to the other side of Canada.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

frenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki22
Hi, I already currently reside in Canada so will be moving from one coast (PEI) to the other side of Canada.

We are currently on PEI and are also planning our escape to Alberta early next year. Have you decided if Lethbridge is for you? We are trying to decide if Calgary is a risk with the current job market but saying that it’s 100% better than the PEI job market! or if Edmonton is a safer option.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 1:39 am
Just Joined

I previously lived in Lethbridge and really enjoyed the city. It is a small city but only 2 hours away from major cities such as Calgary which I find appealing. The job market would be much stronger in Calgary and Edmonton though and much easier to find a job although im unsure about the comparable cost of living between Lethbridge and Calgary. When are you planning on moving? Also curious to know what caused you to make the decision to move? Personally I enjoy Calgary much more than Edmonton.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 11:35 am
Just Joined

frenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond reputefrenchiegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki22
I previously lived in Lethbridge and really enjoyed the city. It is a small city but only 2 hours away from major cities such as Calgary which I find appealing. The job market would be much stronger in Calgary and Edmonton though and much easier to find a job although im unsure about the comparable cost of living between Lethbridge and Calgary. When are you planning on moving? Also curious to know what caused you to make the decision to move? Personally I enjoy Calgary much more than Edmonton.

We only came to PEI as we came over under the Atlantic immigration pilot program. We thought we would give it a couple of years to try to see if we would get on her. But to be honest we really do not like it, we are stuck in dead end jobs with no hope of getting anything else. As you will know the job market is really bad. The cost of living and housing compared to the salaries is really hard going. We pay $1,700 per month for a small 3 bed house with water included. Looking at rentals in Calgary and Edmonton we can get a much bigger house for around the same. We have looked at the cost of living for a family of 4. It’s on par for groceries only difference is the higher wages and much lower tax in Alberta. We were planning on going around May time but we are now looking at March. When are you going?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

I am planning on moving in May as well. Although planning the move has been the most difficult part. Not sure if i should fly and leave all my belongings or drive and take some of them. I drove to alberta once before and it took 4 days and it was more expensive to drive but i was then able to keep belongings and not have to buy any furniture or clothing which saved me money. What are your plans for travel?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

We are driving, we are getting a UHaul which my hubby will drive and I will drive our car. Where do you live in PEI? Were in C’Town.