Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving Company

Moving Company

Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

GRiM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Company

I have had a quote from Seven Seas but I have found a lot of bad news about them and I am not 100% sure of it, I am getting a funny guy feeling from them.

Anyone who has USED or is USING a moving company I am shipping 3-4 tea chests from the UK to Canada .... any help would be so appreciated I cannot even explain.

I am in the process of seaching the forums but any help would rock.

GRiM
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Company

Originally Posted by GRiM
I have had a quote from Seven Seas but I have found a lot of bad news about them and I am not 100% sure of it, I am getting a funny guy feeling from them.

Anyone who has USED or is USING a moving company I am shipping 3-4 tea chests from the UK to Canada .... any help would be so appreciated I cannot even explain.

I am in the process of seaching the forums but any help would rock.

GRiM

My friend is using them to OZ and had no problems at all with them

Gay
x
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Anglo Pacific? Anyone?

GRiM
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Anglo Pacific? Anyone?

GRiM
When they quoted for my container they were extortionate prices :curse:
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:41 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Anglo Pacific? Anyone?

GRiM

They are the only company who haven't called me back to arrange a visit for a quote as yet.....
Flossie
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

I just want to ship a few tea chests does that make a difference?

GRiM
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just want to ship a few tea chests does that make a difference?

GRiM
I am going with GB Liners for my container and the international guy who came out said to me if there was anything I wanted to send ahead of the container not to use a removal company as they use peeps like Sevenseas etc and therefore have to add their cut to it all and it therefore works out really expensive.

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.excess-baggage.com/

Anyone used these guys before?

GRiM
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

fuzzbuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you find a shipping company rather than a moving company,we bring goods in all the time and deal with a shipper in our area he packs and if a lot puts on a pallet then ships out to us,as far as I know a lot cheaper than involving movers...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fuzzbuzz
Why don't you find a shipping company rather than a moving company,we bring goods in all the time and deal with a shipper in our area he packs and if a lot puts on a pallet then ships out to us,as far as I know a lot cheaper than involving movers...

Could you recommend any please.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

fuzzbuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

That depends what part of the country you are from,we come from around the Cambridgeshire area and use Oakbridge from Haverhill but I am sure that if you look at shippers in Yellow pages you will find quite a few listed then just make a few calls and see what they can do for you.I know sometimes they will use small loads to fill up containers so it is worth asking.