Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moving to Cochrane, Alberta

Moving to Cochrane, Alberta

Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Helen Louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cochrane, Alberta

I am moving to Cochrane near calgary on March 19th. I am really quite nervous, although this move has been 4 yrs in the planning. I have a job at the Foothills but I am worried how I will settle in etc. Anybody else moving soon and is consumed by anxiety?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to Cochrane, Alberta

We are hoping to move late July/August (house sale dependant) to Calgary (or possibly) Edmonton - job?? Looking forward to the great adventure; can't wait. Anxtious a little mostly leaving the familiar but then there will be so many new things to do and learn!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Helen we are in the process of attempting to relocate to Edmonton. Its exciting and just a little bit frightening However, we look at it as a life adventure, an experience, wether it works out or not. You are a long time dead as they say !

Good luck.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

susie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura about

hi helen i have also moved to cochrane from uk .i came last august and i also work at the foothills.will be pleased to help in anyway.where abouts are you going to live. give me a pm and ill get back to you
susie q
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Louise
I am moving to Cochrane near calgary on March 19th. I am really quite nervous, although this move has been 4 yrs in the planning. I have a job at the Foothills but I am worried how I will settle in etc. Anybody else moving soon and is consumed by anxiety?
Hi Helen Louise,

Welcome to the forum. We'd be more concerned if you weren't feeling at least some anxiety. It's a major change in your life. Cut yourself some slack. You'll soon be settling into your new life and you'll realise that it isn't all so frightening really. We hope your move across goes great.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

dreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud of

I have been in BC for a while, but will also be moving to cochrane in March with my fiance....... Since being here I have no made many friends....in fact only one or two (not for a lack of trying) would be great to meet up with some fellow brits.........
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:34 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Where at the Foothills do we all work? I'm on unit 72 (physio-orthopedics)

We could have a Foothills Hospital BE lunch!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by susie q
hi helen i have also moved to cochrane from uk .i came last august and i also work at the foothills.will be pleased to help in anyway.where abouts are you going to live. give me a pm and ill get back to you
susie q
Hi Susie
Thanks very much for your reply. I am trying to send you a PM but for some reason my computer won't let me access it. Hopefully I will figure out the problem. In the meantime I will have to reply on the forum. Are you enjoying working at the Foothills and have you settled in well.? Whereabouts do you live? I feel I have a million questions for you. My husband is already in Cochrane and is loving our new rental. I had better not put my adress until I have worked out the PM system.
Look forward to your reply
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreamchaser
I have been in BC for a while, but will also be moving to cochrane in March with my fiance....... Since being here I have no made many friends....in fact only one or two (not for a lack of trying) would be great to meet up with some fellow brits.........
Thanksd for your reply. I can't figure out the PM system so apologies for replying on the forum. Are you excited about the move? Would love to meet up for a drink. My husband has already been in Cochrane for a few weeks and is loving it.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Morwenna

I don't know where I will be working. I am in the international float pool to start. I have spent most of my nursing career in A&E and the last few years |I have been a practice nurse. I haven't been on a ward for years I hope I get up to speed quickly.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:04 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna

I can never keep up with where you're working now.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:57 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I can never keep up with where you're working now.

.... nor can I! ... it's my 4th job since we arrived, (but I only quit twice)