Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:40 pm
Banned

veggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Originally Posted by mjsmith83
Hi all, in Jan this yr I sat my OSCE as requested by the CNO (initial application sent Oct 2014) and yesterday I got an email to say I'm eligible to sit the NCLEX-RN exam 😊 Does this mean I can apply for jobs?? I'm a diploma trained nurse based in UK with 11yrs experience. Had almost given up on working as a nurse in Canada!
Just wanted to say....congrats on the good news. Hope things move smoothly for you from here on!
Old Apr 8th 2016, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, in Jan this yr I sat my OSCE as requested by the CNO (initial application sent Oct 2014) and yesterday I got an email to say I'm eligible to sit the NCLEX-RN exam 😊 Does this mean I can apply for jobs?? I'm a diploma trained nurse based in UK with 11yrs experience. Had almost given up on working as a nurse in Canada!
Yes you can, congratulation
Old Apr 9th 2016, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peeshpie
I came over to Alberta and did the Bridge to Canadian Nursing Program in Calgary. CARNA assessed my qualifications and experience and offered me the choice of SEC assessment or doing the BCN program. The full BCN program is 10 months long and is really just a review process with theory and assessment labs. I have two casual jobs, acute medicine and the other unit is surgery. Lots of shifts offered to me each week, more than I can do. I don't find nursing that different over here, head to toe assessment is the only real difference to my practice, which was covered in the BCN Program. Same issues really as th UK. Lots of induction training given for both jobs and buddy shifts. I came from a Health Visitor job in the UK so it really is like going back to when I first qualified years ago, working in an acute setting. One thing is that you cannot get your RN licence in Alberta until you have gained 225 hrs as a Graduate Nurse and passed the NCLEX. Then I think you have more flexibility in terms of the type of job you can apply for, i.e. working in the area that you worked in back in the UK.
Thanks for the info. Did you do all this on a TWP or student visa?
I'm also looking at Calgary, any idea on the job situation for psychiatric nurses?
Looking on the internet it seems that healthcare providers in BC are a little more helpful with the process and actively looking to recruit IEN's so B.C is looking like a good option.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, and just over 18 months not bad. What state are you looling at?
Old Apr 25th 2016, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've been accepted and enrolled on the RN bridging programme for Canada. I've been told I can complete the theory online and then sit the final exam here in the UK if I can arrange an exam proctor/invigilator. Has anyone else used an exam invigilator in the Uk before. I'm trying to find one but am finding it difficult
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by telgar32
Hi, I've been accepted and enrolled on the RN bridging programme for Canada. I've been told I can complete the theory online and then sit the final exam here in the UK if I can arrange an exam proctor/invigilator. Has anyone else used an exam invigilator in the Uk before. I'm trying to find one but am finding it difficult
Telgar32 Can I be cheeky and ask how much the bridging programme is and where your doing it? I have looked online on individual college websites and the fees are running into the 10s of thousands and am hoping am looking at the wrong thing!!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

telgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond reputetelgar32 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponylife
Telgar32 Can I be cheeky and ask how much the bridging programme is and where your doing it? I have looked online on individual college websites and the fees are running into the 10s of thousands and am hoping am looking at the wrong thing!!
Yes, it's costing me £1500 GBP. I live in the UK and am doing the theory online. It's through the Registered nurse professional development centre based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Hope this helps
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point

perfect, thank you very much
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

kasiadoran is an unknown quantity at this point

I did online exams with so called proctor...i just asked a teacher that I knew...a primary teacher but the college in Halifax was ok with that...then the proctor was sent a code to access online exam and she was just sitting with me that's it...very simple but it sounded rather complicated did you do any assessment in Halifax before you were told to do the bridging?
Yes, it's costing me £1500 GBP. I live in the UK and am doing the theory online. It's through the Registered nurse professional development centre based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Hope this helps
Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

I just managed to find a proctor this afternoon which is at my local college. Its taken me ages as the exam is due on 20th July 2016 and a lot of colleges are closed for the summer holidays here in the UK. No, I didn't do any assessment in Halifax prior to the bridging programme. I was given the option of a 2 day assessment or going straight onto the bridging programme. which is the one I opted for. I started the Professional Nurses Development module on 12th May so not long now!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

sugarlips12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mental Health Nurse

hello all, just wanted to firstly say its comforting to know i am not the only one struggling with this process. and well done to those who have made it!!

i submitted my nnas application 2015 and it came back not comparable i am a UK trained nurse with advanced diploma 5yrs experience (community based) i am currently waiting to hear back from CNO on the outcome? i know i really have to just wait to see what they say but as you all know with this process your mind goes into overdrive and thinks everything lol.

my question is this i have seen some UK nurses have done SEC or some other assesment i just wanted an idea of what that assesment involved also what are my possible options as i am deemed not comparable??

is it worth me appliying for LPN? i would struggle with travelling back and forth for exams/assessments etc
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck
I just managed to find a proctor this afternoon which is at my local college. Its taken me ages as the exam is due on 20th July 2016 and a lot of colleges are closed for the summer holidays here in the UK. No, I didn't do any assessment in Halifax prior to the bridging programme. I was given the option of a 2 day assessment or going straight onto the bridging programme. which is the one I opted for. I started the Professional Nurses Development module on 12th May so not long now!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mental Health Nurse

Further up in this thread I pretty sure I detailed my experience with the assessment...and it was a long one
Originally Posted by sugarlips12
hello all, just wanted to firstly say its comforting to know i am not the only one struggling with this process. and well done to those who have made it!!

i submitted my nnas application 2015 and it came back not comparable i am a UK trained nurse with advanced diploma 5yrs experience (community based) i am currently waiting to hear back from CNO on the outcome? i know i really have to just wait to see what they say but as you all know with this process your mind goes into overdrive and thinks everything lol.

my question is this i have seen some UK nurses have done SEC or some other assesment i just wanted an idea of what that assesment involved also what are my possible options as i am deemed not comparable??

is it worth me appliying for LPN? i would struggle with travelling back and forth for exams/assessments etc
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kasiadoran
Good luck
Thankyou! Good luck to you also. We will get there in the end!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Acousins1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone moved from the UK to Saskatchewan. If so, How long was the registration process for you? What are the full costs involved? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.