Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Canada: Adult Nurse and Mentail Health Nurse

Hi.
Expecting NNAS to take about a year so would look at my visa route once NNAS is underway. Sounds like my only option is the Temp Work Visa?
At least with that visa my points are definitely covered.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aja424
Hi.
Expecting NNAS to take about a year so would look at my visa route once NNAS is underway. Sounds like my only option is the Temp Work Visa?
At least with that visa my points are definitely covered.
Unless you score enough to get PR without a job offer, then yes - it would be a Temp Work Permit, assuming you can find a job offer and LMIA/PNP.

I've no idea if you can do that before completing the NNAS process, but hopefully your fellow nurses will be able to help with that side of things.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Is a job offer needed for a temporary work permit?
If so then it will be equally as difficult as finding a job offer for PR.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Is a job offer needed for a temporary work permit?
If so then it will be equally as difficult as finding a job offer for PR.
Yes, a job offer and a LMIA (which the employer has to apply for, to prove they've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do it - this costs them $1000).

You'd then use that job offer to apply for PR. You don't always need a job offer to get PR though - if you score enough you can apply for PR without one.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 15th 2016 at 8:23 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

So if I need a job offer for temp visa, I may as well use that job offer for PR?
Can't see getting a Job offer when there's applicants within Canada.
Many thanks for the info and time guys.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So if I need a job offer for temp visa, I may as well use that job offer for PR?
Can't see getting a Job offer when there's applicants within Canada.
Many thanks for the info and time guys.
You can use it for PR, but you'd normally need to use it for a TWP first anyway, as very few employers would be prepared to keep a job open until you get PR.

So you'd get a job offer and LMIA, then go over on a TWP and start working whilst you apply for PR and wait for it to be processed.

That's how most do it anyway.

HTH, best of luck.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Regarding the CRS. Will that score be necessary if I'm scoring over 67 for express entry, even without a job offer?
Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:00 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the CRS. Will that score be necessary if I'm scoring over 67 for express entry, even without a job offer?

Lots and lots and lots of people score over 67 to be eligible to register for Express Entry. I think this is only the first stage though - nothing more.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically employers will not enter ai you without pass or eligibility of NCLEX. All jobs I have seen advertised in several provinces will state have license or waiting to sit exam
Old Mar 16th 2016, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

kasiadoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Basically employers will not enter ai you without pass or eligibility of NCLEX. All jobs I have seen advertised in several provinces will state have license or waiting to sit exam
That's what I am always trying to point out registration first so you can be deemed eligible to apply...and it takes anything from 6 months plus...to get initial response and some further directions to follow...so be prepared for a long long process
Old Mar 16th 2016, 7:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes. 67 only lets you enter the pool of applicants as a FSW, and that's the first step. But then to be selected from the pool and receive an invitation to apply for PR, you'll need to be scoring above approx 450-480 on the CRS (the lowest it's ever gone was 450), which is the second stage.

Now we know that you need to sort out your registration before you can apply for jobs (thanks Silverdragon & kasiadoran!), if you're not scoring at that level then there's nothing you need to do visa wise yet anyway. So at least you can concentrate on NNAS, and then see what your score looks like when that's sorted, or get job hunting.

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 16th 2016 at 7:38 am.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Many many thanks to everyone for the info.
That is now my plan, to sort out NNAS and worry about other things probably later in the year.
Although Calgary is my first choice, having previously spent a little time there, will also keep a close eye on BC as they are said to be making the process a little easier for nurses.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Doops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond repute

Due to my age of 47 years it has been suggested that I leave my diploma in nursing with several years experience in the UK due to the long winded and expensive process. Been advised to apply for a student visa in 'something else', as long as I can fund and live for 2 years. Informed that I would be able to work up to 20 hours a week around my studies.

Anyone have any experiences of undertaking the 'mature student' route and can I attend college rather than university?
Old Mar 29th 2016, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Doops
Due to my age of 47 years it has been suggested that I leave my diploma in nursing with several years experience in the UK due to the long winded and expensive process. Been advised to apply for a student visa in 'something else', as long as I can fund and live for 2 years. Informed that I would be able to work up to 20 hours a week around my studies.

Anyone have any experiences of undertaking the 'mature student' route and can I attend college rather than university?
I'd say go for it with the Diploma in nursing. I arrived here with diploma in 2010 age 40, have never looked back.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Doops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond reputeDoops has a reputation beyond repute

Well done in your persistence. I really do not know where to start with enhancing and topping up etc. Once through all the hoops of NNAS assessments etc, probably be nearer 50!!

How long did you attend a programme of study for and what was it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.