Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved: Tax rebate

Moved: Tax rebate

Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Wink Moved: Tax rebate

Hi everyone, we have to submit our taxes for when we were in Calgary last year. We want to claim back the taxes from work,childcare. I have all the receipts,payslips etc but havent a clue where to start
Can someone please tell me who i contact and for what forms?
Much appreciated
Hope your all well
Mandi xx
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:49 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax rebate

You can download and print the forms from Alberta -- 2007 General Income Tax and Benefit package.

I'm sure the pages are formatted for North American letter sized paper, which may present you with a bit of a challenge. But I think it would be feasible to print the forms on A4 paper, if necessary, and trim the length of the A4 paper to 11 inches.

You also can phone the International Tax Services Office in Ottawa. I think they would mail a tax return kit to you if you requested it. Their hours are 8.15 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday, North American Eastern Standard Time. If you are calling about an individual matter (as opposed to a business matter) from outside of Canada and the USA, you need to call +1-613-952-3741. The relevant web page states that they accept collect calls, that is, you can reverse the charges.

Remember that the provincial component of one's taxes vary from province to province, so you will need the Alberta tax package.

For other posters who may have tax questions, there is a Wiki about Taxation. In fact it was from the Wiki that I found the initial link that got me into the parts of Canada Revenue Agency's website that enabled me to answers Mandi's questions.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tax rebate

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
You can download and print the forms from Alberta -- 2007 General Income Tax and Benefit package.

I'm sure the pages are formatted for North American letter sized paper, which may present you with a bit of a challenge. But I think it would be feasible to print the forms on A4 paper, if necessary, and trim the length of the A4 paper to 11 inches.

You also can phone the International Tax Services Office in Ottawa. I think they would mail a tax return kit to you if you requested it. Their hours are 8.15 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday, North American Eastern Standard Time. If you are calling about an individual matter (as opposed to a business matter) from outside of Canada and the USA, you need to call +1-613-952-3741. The relevant web page states that they accept collect calls, that is, you can reverse the charges.

Remember that the provincial component of one's taxes vary from province to province, so you will need the Alberta tax package.

For other posters who may have tax questions, there is a Wiki about Taxation. In fact it was from the Wiki that I found the initial link that got me into the parts of Canada Revenue Agency's website that enabled me to answers Mandi's questions.
Thank you as always xx