Reload this Page >

Moved: shushwap?

Moved: shushwap?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

sheryl is on a distinguished road
Default Moved: shushwap?

Hi to all
Has anyone got any info on Shushwap Salmon arm - good, bad or ugly?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:56 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shushwap?

That's 45mins east of where I live.

My opinion:

It's pretty, greener (more rainfall) than much of the southern interior, touristy (summer time the lakes are packed with Canadian holiday makers, and the roads get a bit congested), lots of recreation, and can be very expensive from a land/house price POV (anything with a view of, or location near the lake).

Relative lack of diversity regarding industry and commerce might limit your career options a little, but it's a lovely part of BC.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: shushwap?

Hi

We were very impressed with Salmon Arm and even in the winter it looked a nice place and we were considering settling there, however now we are finally here for good and having re visited we were just not sure it was for us.
It is difficult to fully explain why but certainly the shopping mall is small and it is a bit of a drive to either Kamloops or Vernon for regular shopping and we have two teenage boys and we just thought that there was not enough there for them.
My eldest wants to do a trade apprenticeship and that means travelling to Kelowna college so all in all we felt Kelowna had way more to offer although house prices are an issue unless you've won the lottery!!!