Reload this Page >

moved: house selling

Wikiposts

moved: house selling

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:45 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moved: house selling

Originally Posted by Alison33
We dropped by £21K although agents were unsure about this move. Assured us price we had was perfectly achievable and below other similar properties. We have a 5 Bed, 3 Recep, Double Integral Garage and double drive for 4 cars - it is in a village location just on the outskirts of a large town. I spent yesterday afternoon starting to pack up all non essential ornaments and depersonalising.

My rant with agent must have worked as had a call for a viewing this morning. Seemed to go pretty well and they need to move fairly quickly (yup, they have sold there place). Fingers crossed. They had driven a hour or so to get here but said that they had about 9 other houses to view today. Heres hoping our hit the mark.

Has anyone put any xmas decs up yet?
Crossing fingers for you
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by terese677
Crossing fingers for you
Thanks Teresa,

Unfortunately they decided to go for another house. Well it was a good 10% chance. Got another valuation tomorrow with a view to maybe going multi agent. May start to hang some xmas decs as gotta try and get in the spirit of it for the kids sakes. The kids will enjoy a nice day off school on Thurs when we have our meds.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all
Default SOLD - At bloody long last

Crossing fingers for you
and with only one week to go before xmas. Can hardly beleive it. Dont really feel in the mood to crack open the champers as weve had to suffer quite a significant drop and i'm still calculating what we'll have left after paying for agent, solicitor, container, doggy fares and our air fares etc. etc.

Oh well! at least I can now relax before xmas and get everything sorted. Just have to hope and pray all goes swimmingly (3 in a chain and were bottom).

Thanks everyone for your guidance (especially Boxerdog) Sacked our agent and since then have had 8 viewings in the last week and a bit. It's amazing what a change in agent can turn up and there even sorting our solicitors quote for us. Well we are paying them to do something after all. How you doing with yours?

Hope to god we get those visas as we would have gone through hell and back for nowt and wouldn't want to pull out of sale.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:59 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Alison. I know its a pain but on the bright side its not as though house prices in the Uk fluctuate like the exchange rate. Its better to have rid (nearly) and move on from here!

We have left ours in the UK on the market and after a drop of £50k (yep you heard right!) its still not sold. Mind you it is a little unusual but we're not holding out any hopes for viewings etc now til next Spring

On the up side it gives us a chance to rent and check out the areas here cos I know what other half and me are like - if we have all that equity in the bank then we gotta buy a house - the money will be burning a hole, so its probably giving us the patience we don't have!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

We have cut 25k already, i have told the agent to drop another 25k after xmas and we will take an offer 25k less than that. My agent is a good friend of ours who is also watching the house since we are over here already, kind of hard to sack him.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cneldred
We have cut 25k already, i have told the agent to drop another 25k after xmas and we will take an offer 25k less than that. My agent is a good friend of ours who is also watching the house since we are over here already, kind of hard to sack him.
All the best. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It may be xmas but people are still buying and if its priced attractively they may just go for it. My agent put it on at a guide price (as they do in auctions or Scotland) this enabled us to get the needed viewings and a flood of offers, although some were pretty crap. We did hope that it may go to sealed bids but we just couldn't wait any longer. Who knows, if we had waited it out until after xmas we may have had a better offer or it could have got worse.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:28 pm

All the best. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It may be xmas but people are still buying and if its priced attractively they may just go for it. My agent put it on at a guide price (as they do in auctions or Scotland) this enabled us to get the needed viewings and a flood of offers, although some were pretty crap. We did hope that it may go to sealed bids but we just couldn't wait any longer. Who knows, if we had waited it out until after xmas we may have had a better offer or it could have got worse.
We've dropped the asking price once already and after christmas plan to drop again if no interest. all the equity we hoped for for a deposit for a place in canada is slowly disappearing...........
Here's hoping for a better house selling new year, good luck everyone
Terese
Old Dec 20th 2007, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

We've dropped the asking price once already and after christmas plan to drop again if no interest. all the equity we hoped for for a deposit for a place in canada is slowly disappearing...........
Here's hoping for a better house selling new year, good luck everyone
Terese
Geeez do I know that feeling. Were grateful to have sold although a bit disappointed at the same time. Enjoy xmas and the new year and good luck.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:26 am

Geeez do I know that feeling. Were grateful to have sold although a bit disappointed at the same time. Enjoy xmas and the new year and good luck.
Thank you
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Fingers crossed for all of us in the New Year.

It's kinda typical for me, waiting it out for three years during house boom to then be able to go during a slump!

Aah well, am sure we'll all be dancing loads over the next couple of weeks so will deserve visits from the house dancers!

It's great to finally have an offer in but it's like all the steps getting into Canada now, ages to wait and lots of opportunities for it to go wrong. Are we mad?

Think I'm going mad

Kx
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shahzadandkelly
Fingers crossed for all of us in the New Year.

It's kinda typical for me, waiting it out for three years during house boom to then be able to go during a slump!

Aah well, am sure we'll all be dancing loads over the next couple of weeks so will deserve visits from the house dancers!

It's great to finally have an offer in but it's like all the steps getting into Canada now, ages to wait and lots of opportunities for it to go wrong. Are we mad?

Think I'm going mad

Kx
Congrats on your PPR. You gone one stage further than us. Although we have just sold house PPR may be some time. We did our meds on Dec 6th so I do hope that we haven't got to long to wait as we may end up homeless With two kids and two hulking dogs that won't be too fun. Am hoping we get something January time then we try and tie everything together nicely.

Happy Xmas all!!!