Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

moved: house selling

moved: house selling

Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough
Default moved: house selling

Hi anyone out there coming to the end of their long road and still waiting to sell their property.Its so frustrating under the current climate and Ive been bouncing ideas around in my head what to do.Anyone else in this situation?:curse:
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice
Default Re: house selling

Hi Glenn

Yes, I am in the same situation. We have had our medicals - albeit need to complete some additional investigations - and hope to be heading off April next year.

House has been on the market since mid July and not a dickie bird, just two totally inappropriate - waste of time - viewings and a 10k decrease in price.

I am thinking that nothing will happen this side of New Year now and given all of this bum fluff going on about the state of the housing market, I don't think the new year will bring tides of buyers either.

Totally naff, I agree :curse::curse:

Kelly
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

spanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
Hi anyone out there coming to the end of their long road and still waiting to sell their property.Its so frustrating under the current climate and Ive been bouncing ideas around in my head what to do.Anyone else in this situation?:curse:
We are in the same situation.

Waiting for PR, had medicals back in September and house has been on the market since beginning of September. Had 2 viewings (totally waste of time), dropped the price by £5000 and still waiting for that one buyer.

Getting very depressed now, we planned to be in Calgary by January, that will obviously not happen anymore. What really gets me down is the "not knowing when". Our lives are on hold and I find it very difficult to stay positive.

So, you are not alone (that doesn't help, I know)
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kelly, Its a bummer aint it.We have been on the market since April and have had a total of 5 views.Pathetic isnt it.What do people want. Im determined that it wont screw up our plans though.If it comes to it Ill have to go without my family and let the wife try and do the selling( im on PNP and should be completed after Christmas if all goes well) Its just so frustrating as its a major part of the puzzle that needs dealing with. And now I couldnt care less about selling the car......What the hell do we do? Glenn
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:47 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spanglish
We are in the same situation.

Waiting for PR, had medicals back in September and house has been on the market since beginning of September. Had 2 viewings (totally waste of time), dropped the price by £5000 and still waiting for that one buyer.

Getting very depressed now, we planned to be in Calgary by January, that will obviously not happen anymore. What really gets me down is the "not knowing when". Our lives are on hold and I find it very difficult to stay positive.

So, you are not alone (that doesn't help, I know)
Same situation, aimed to be in Vancouver for begining of Jan, looks unlikely!
4 viewers said house was lovely no offers. Totally fed up
Terese
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

I feel like my head is going to cave in......really wanted to be away by Christmas but now ill be stuck in the usual rut over New Year..You wouldnt believe the amount of sleep im losing at the minute........started drinking more too.......bloody house market:curse:
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moved: house selling

Have you lot put your houses on the classified's section of this website?!

There are loads of people returning to the UK - you might have just what they are looking for
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Have you lot put your houses on the classified's section of this website?!

There are loads of people returning to the UK - you might have just what they are looking for
The problem with that is for every person looking on this site wanting to buy a house in the UK there are 500 trying to sell. However anything is worth a try so I'll give it a whirl tomorrow as our house sale has fallen through yet again (third time since last February) and we were supposed to complete today. Tw@t at the bottom of the chain, 4 houses down, changed his mind last Thursday.
I may see my wife and daughter for Christmas, a joke at first but now creeping towards reality.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Drop your price 20% should do the trick get yourselves out of a falling market and soon I expect currency ASAP.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: moved: house selling

Thus seems to be stubbling block so many of us are facing, that along with the weak pound.
We put our house on the market in March, fly to Ontario, sorted a builder and plot.
Now, after 2 ridiculous offer and dropping by 20k, secured a sale 20 Aug; still now waiting to complete, the buyer is getting an Islamic mortgage.
The builder in Ontario cannot give us a completion date!! Originally it should have been 2o Aug!! Now unsure.
But, the packers are in today - and my stuff is off to Canada, hopefully to get there before Christmas.
I think we just have to keep focused on the end result, and wade through the rest.
Good luck to every one in the same position.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

You should have a look at this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487210 and follow the progress of those going through the same as you. It will be my turn after Christmas.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Parris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
You should have a look at this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487210 and follow the progress of those going through the same as you. It will be my turn after Christmas.
We are in the same situation have been on the market since May and not had one offer yet, just about everyone that comes round still has property to sell themselves!!

But we have no move date yet for Calgary as we are planning on selling (fingers crossed anyway!) and then renting so we don't have so many worries when we do get the all clear we can just get up and go. Well thats the plan anyway.

Really wish the media would STOP scaring everyone they are making the whole situation much worse people are being put off from entering the property ladder and unless the first time buyer are there none of the rest of us are going to be able to move on!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:22 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Drop your price 20% should do the trick get yourselves out of a falling market and soon I expect currency ASAP.
Well 20% may be a little reckless but seriously though you are right - people's houses will sell if they reduce the price. 10% should do it in most cases. It strikes me that on all these threads everyone is talking about doing everything but. Changing agents, classified ads, developing marketing plans for their house etc. etc. In other words refusing to accept the truth: YOUR HOUSE IS OVERPRICED! NOBODY IS PREPARED TO PAY THAT! OTHERWISE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT BY NOW! On the Open House thread that destinationnovascotia refers to someone is selling a 1 bed flat in Leeds for GBP270k and wondering why it wont sell. Doh!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

We've "sold" but are still waiting to exchange and complete and we wanted to be off on 19th November. Guess that isn't going to happen now!

Also got two cars to get rid of! Anyone know someone who'd be interested in an 02 BMW 3 series compact or an 03 Mitsubishi L200 Warrior?

Zoe M. xx
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zmartin
Also got two cars to get rid of! Anyone know someone who'd be interested in an 02 BMW 3 series compact or an 03 Mitsubishi L200 Warrior?

Zoe M. xx
Try www.webuyanycar.com

i used them, was pleasantly surprised at what i got. As for houses don't even start me, we left the UK with it unsold and left it to estate agent to get rid of.

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.