Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved to Calgary

Moved to Calgary

Old Aug 5th 2013, 2:11 am
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved to Calgary

Hi I have just moved to Calgary from Red Deer.I have a five year old boy and a three year old girl.I live in the Cranston area and would love to meet other moms.
Thanks Linda.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 2:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved to Calgary

Originally Posted by shee22
Hi I have just moved to Calgary from Red Deer.I have a five year old boy and a three year old girl.I live in the Cranston area and would love to meet other moms.
Thanks Linda.
Not sure how this ended up in the Australian updates, but I've moved your post to the Canada forum so hopefully you can arrange some meet ups
Old Aug 5th 2013, 2:22 am
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I realised after.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 2:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shee22
Thanks I realised after.
No worries - I hope everything is working out
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Mrshilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We're moving to Calgary in a few months and will hopefully be living in Auburn Bay or Cranston, I will be working as a nurse at south health campus. We have a 3 year old boy, what do you think of the area so far?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:53 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

It's brand new and if they don't cut the ridiculous parking fee at the hospital ($2 every half hour and it's going to go up) people will start parking in Auburn Bay and walking across the road (and have).

As far as I can tell AHS is turning a blind eye to it even though everyone is complaining, my GP actually said to me to wait for the C-train station to be built, ca. 2020.

I think it's hard to tell what Cranston and Auburn Bay will be like because they haven't finished the SE ring road yet or building houses there. But basically suburbia.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:46 pm
pkc
Forum Regular

pkc will become famous soon enough

Although Auburn Bay does have a really nice lake and surrounding area - we've been to birthday parties there both summer and winter with our oldest. There's a playground and splash park in the summer as well as picnic areas (and of course the lake) and in the winter you've got skating ponds set up. We moved to McKenzie Towne as it was self-contained but the lake at Auburn Bay is tempting if you don't mind needing to drive everytime you need shopping done.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Chalky84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, not sure if anyone checks this post anymore, anyway I moved here last August and live in Mckenzie Towne, I'm looking to hopefully meet some other mums (I have a 7 year old daughter) to perhaps get together and have a glass of wine or a coffee. I'm also a nurse, but not working at the moment as I have some courses to sit first. I'm 29 and from Yorkshire originally. Please get in touch if you're interested in meeting up thanks :-) Charlotte