Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Moved - Bizarre Question....

Moved - Bizarre Question....

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:30 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved - Bizarre Question....

Originally Posted by dbd33
The other option in Ontario is to go to Flesherton and buy raw milk from the blue school bus.
Dont you have to buy part of a cow first, otherwise you've a good chance you'll be arrested?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Dont you have to buy part of a cow first, otherwise you've a good chance you'll be arrested?

Yes, that used to be a trivial matter (like joining a club in order to smoke or get a drink in some jurisdictions) but now milk is a cause celebre so the last one auctioned went for four grand.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:12 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't really want to go the expense of buying a cow...
Just want to find OH a job, and move to Canada!

My youngest wanted a cow a couple of years ago and was quite miffed when we told him we couldn't keep one in the back garden, he was only three at the time, bless.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:15 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
The other option in Ontario is to go to Flesherton and buy raw milk from the blue school bus.
I don't know how you can drink that stuff. My bro is a dairy farmer in Sussex and brings home stuff straight from the cow. I can't stomach it. Way too rich.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I don't know how you can drink that stuff. My bro is a dairy farmer in Sussex and brings home stuff straight from the cow. I can't stomach it. Way too rich.
Oh, I don't drink it. I try to avoid non-alcoholic beverages. I just fetch and carry it.