Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Move to Nova Scotia??

Move to Nova Scotia??

Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:09 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Nova Scotia??

Originally Posted by darrenmarks
ok will check it out..

I am a Corgi reg. Plumber with a deploma in Renewable energy (solar,wind etc)
And my wife is a lettings agent.
If you are a plumber then you are on the magic Federal Skilled Worker list - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp - so you should be able to apply under this stream.

If you take a look at this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/engl...come-to-canada - it will tell you if you are eligible to apply under this stream.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Have a look at viewpoint.ca - it is a great site and gives lots more detail than MLS.
Ditto this info, we just found it a few days ago and its added a new dimension to the property searching ;-)
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If you take a look at this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/engl...come-to-canada - it will tell you if you are eligible to apply under this stream.
I thought this questionaire was questionable! most members here failed using this, even those who are eligible
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah Cyprus was expensive for food etc as it was imported, so we are clued up on the shopping stuff.

I will put some time aside to visit soon, thanks for the info.

When we are booked i will get in touch and see where you are.

Cheers
no probs ;-)
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
I thought this questionaire was questionable! most members here failed using this, even those who are eligible
Are you sure you're not thinking of the old one? This is a new version, only introduced 2 or 3 weeks ago and seems pretty good to me.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you sure you're not thinking of the old one? This is a new version, only introduced 2 or 3 weeks ago and seems pretty good to me.
I just ran through it and it says we are not eligible to apply under federal route. Hubby is NOC 7215.
it suggests applying under PNP route.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

darrenmarks is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i tried that come to canada test and it said i was eligable under a skilled worker??
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I must have missed this in the excitement of moving over here
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I just ran through it and it says we are not eligible to apply under federal route. Hubby is NOC 7215.
it suggests applying under PNP route.
That's very odd. I tried it with various difference permutations when it was introduced, and it worked fine for me everytime. Wonder if it's calculated your points differently or something?

yeh i tried that come to canada test and it said i was eligable under a skilled worker??
Brilliant, so there's your visa route sorted. Short of marrying a Canadian, it's the quickest and easiest too, and you don't need a job offer for it.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:00 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so you need to read up a little more on that - check out the Wiki in the blue bar at the top. Very first thing to do - look at getting booked into do the IELTS English General test - they book up quickly now and you cannot submit a Federal Skilled Worker Application without these results.

Good luck!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:06 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

actually we already applied for PR 18 months ago which is currently 'in process'. we got fed up waiting and decided to explore options from within the province. we got lucky and an employer has made an offer to hubby which will get a work permit to keep us going while we wait on the PR visa. we are currently awaiting LMO.
We came to Canada on an LMO and were told categorically that to come to Canada before the LMO was approved by HRSDC would be a no no and may be detrimental to the companies application process. However looking at the HRSDC website it seems that they have relaxed the length of time for advertising to 3 months so that's not too bad. I think the discussion with unions would take the longest time.

If it works out for you da iawn.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
We came to Canada on an LMO and were told categorically that to come to Canada before the LMO was approved by HRSDC would be a no no and may be detrimental to the companies application process. However looking at the HRSDC website it seems that they have relaxed the length of time for advertising to 3 months so that's not too bad. I think the discussion with unions would take the longest time.

Only 2 weeks advertising is required for a LMO (in the previous three months).

And lots of forum members have gone as visitors and had the company apply for a LMO whilst they were there, it's certainly no problem these days.

Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diolch yn fawr! (that all the welsh I know lol)
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:25 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Only 2 weeks advertising is required for a LMO (in the previous three months).

And lots of forum members have gone as visitors and had the company apply for a LMO whilst they were there, it's certainly no problem these days.

I'm the class of 2007 and I live in Saskatchewan so things were different in the old days and we came on a pilot program that had only been running 12 months - as I said earlier each Province seems to have different criteria.

A friend of mine has just gone through the process as an employer and it took them a lot longer than the 14 days advertising in a 3 month period. The person they now employ came from Thailand.

Diolch yn fawr! (that all the welsh I know lol)
I don't know much more Welsh only the bits I learned in school.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't know much more Welsh only the bits I learned in school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.