Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Motivations for emigration

Motivations for emigration

Old May 7th 2007, 2:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motivations for emigration

Originally Posted by Neelam
Like i said, walk into an outter city suburb - use your legs, I aint takin' you there....

going to see "proof" is better then clicking on some website links that anyone could have put there.
It's not though. Reputable sources are better. For example, we recent drove from Marble Arch to Burnt Oak (where I grew up). In Kilburn my passenger remarked that "this looks just like Toronto", but it isn't, she couldn't see the big difference; those people of all colours are mainly from London, they're British, whereas here everyone is actually an immigrant. A couple of links to census demographics would have been better than the naked eye.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
We went through this money for car nonsense before. As it turned out one person with a disability got an allowance for a car; the government isn't giving out Rolls-Royces to everyone who can prove he arrived illegally.
Oh wow surely you cant mean the ones i know about ...... seeing as you said only 1 person got a car. Im not talking about a person with a disability im talking about people getting £1000 allowances if they need to get to a lot of appointments etc. The men had no problem walking.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Neelam is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not though. Reputable sources are better. For example, we recent drove from Marble Arch to Burnt Oak (where I grew up). In Kilburn my passenger remarked that "this looks just like Toronto", but it isn't, she couldn't see the big difference; those people of all colours are mainly from London, they're British, whereas here everyone is actually an immigrant. A couple of links to census demographics would have been better than the naked eye.
Look for them yourself, you know they are there. I cannot be assed to tell you the truth to look at the demographics website. I grew up in Burnt Oak too.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no.... they believed him!! It was only until someone from India mailed his Indian passport to him and Royal Mail reported it, thinking it was odd that an Indian passport is being passed through the UK - They put two and two together and caught him. He is from South India. The language is the same and they look the same (Sri Lanken and Indian) he just had to change his accent to a Sri Lanken one.
It was a joke. I was getting at the idea that, to PC Plod, all people from the subcontinent look the same.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by jempee
ah but no more rants of racism now though? i do not consider myself racist but do not like illegal's be they brown, white whatever impeding on a system that then is stretched and becomes unable to help those that it was intended to help. this is my personal opinion im afraid and i do not need a link to back it up. As Neelam said take a walk in these places and talk to real people.
I think your views are racist but I think it's too strong to say I rant about it. Why not document one of these tales of scrounging?
Old May 7th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

It was a joke. I was getting at the idea that, to PC Plod, all people from the subcontinent look the same.
PC Plod? Hahaha! Funny. I thought bob the builder was bad! I asked my ex boyfriend to marry me, so i could get the green card too. He refused, because he would have problems getting his real wife in the future.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by jempee
Oh wow surely you cant mean the ones i know about ...... seeing as you said only 1 person got a car. Im not talking about a person with a disability im talking about people getting £1000 allowances if they need to get to a lot of appointments etc. The men had no problem walking.
I think this is improbable.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Look for them yourself, you know they are there. I cannot be assed to tell you the truth to look at the demographics website. I grew up in Burnt Oak too.
Did you indeed. Did I see you in the Stag?
Old May 7th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Did you indeed. Did I see you in the Stag?
I havent been back there since a long time. I went to Stag Lane school.

Last edited by Neelam; May 7th 2007 at 2:12 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 7th 2007, 2:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I havent been back there since a long time. I went to Stag Lane school.
Oh my. I owe my very British teeth to a butchering dentist on Stag Lane, he was near the top where the Co-op used to be. All rather a dump around there; Burnt Oak, Colindale, Kingsbury.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

I think this is improbable.
i think you need to take a look in the real world not the one of links.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my. I owe my very British teeth to a butchering dentist on Stag Lane, he was near the top where the Co-op used to be. All rather a dump around there; Burnt Oak, Colindale, Kingsbury.
Yeah!! Well i actually grew up in Kingsbury, but went to school in Burnt Oak, because apparently it was under Harrow and the schooling was better. I lived around Beverly Drive - right by the circlel, close to Queenbury, as well. WOW... The good old days, eh?
Old May 7th 2007, 2:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Yeah!! Well i actually grew up in Kingsbury, but went to school in Burnt Oak, because apparently it was under Harrow and the schooling was better. I lived around Beverly Drive - right by the circlel, close to Queenbury, as well. WOW... The good old days, eh?

I dunno about them being good old days but I must have walked past Stag Lane school everyday on my way to Kingsbury High. I can't place the circle, is that near the Flying Eagle?
Old May 7th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

I dunno about them being good old days but I must have walked past Stag Lane school everyday on my way to Kingsbury High. I can't place the circle, is that near the Flying Eagle?
maybe my mind is deluded. The last time i was there was when i was about 10 years old and i am now 25!! I live in Brighton now. But there were a lot of circles around there. My sister went to Kingsbury high and i dont know if you know of the Bhuddist temple on Kingsbury Road - but that used to me my house!
Old May 7th 2007, 2:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

maybe my mind is deluded. The last time i was there was when i was about 10 years old and i am now 25!! I live in Brighton now. But there were a lot of circles around there. My sister went to Kingsbury high and i dont know if you know of the Bhuddist temple on Kingsbury Road - but that used to me my house!
I don't know the temple but looking at mapquest it seems to be opposite where the swimming pool used to be, that would have been a nice walk to school.

A bit farther along was the Plough, a neo-nazi pub where my brother and his skinhead friends used to drink and do masses of drugs. I had to laugh last time I was back as it had turned into The Great Eastern; a tandoori house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.