Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mothers Day Cards

Mothers Day Cards

Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all
Default Mothers Day Cards

Can you get mothers day cards over here as Mothers day in the Uk is coming up and I don't have a card for it and I know Canadian Mothers Day isn't until later?

Help!!!

Sonia
Old Feb 20th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mothers Day Cards

Originally Posted by daisymoll
Can you get mothers day cards over here as Mothers day in the Uk is coming up and I don't have a card for it and I know Canadian Mothers Day isn't until later?

Help!!!

Sonia
Since I have been here I have been horrified by the prices of cards so I have become very Canadian and I make all my cards now. So easy to do and it is more personal. Before that I bought my mum one of those cards which you can get with a nice tear jerking poem on the front on how special mom is. If you want any ideas on cards for Mothers Day then pm me and I'll send you the one I have done this year
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:13 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on the shop, you could just ask the clerk if they have any in the back, not on display. I was able to get a 'happy new year' card in July from a great local independent store (in BC).
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:05 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Help!!!

Sonia

Uh, say it with flowers?!?
I didn't know the Brits celebrated earlier than us Canucks - like WasbiPeas, I suggest just asking, like at a Hallmark store. Cause you just never know... or say it with flowers! Let us know how it works out!
Fluffy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

You will most likely find them in Shoppers or one of the other big chains....seems to me Hallmark always advertise Mothers Day in the UK..so maybe as you get a bit closer to the date you will find some.....It is next month but what date?
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:30 am
Just Joined

nickb is on a distinguished road

First Sunday in March
(the 6th I believe)
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

I've seen some cards recently specifically for the UK Mothering Sunday, so yes, you should be able to get them. Look in the larger chains (Hallmark, Carlton).
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Help!!!

Sonia
Thanks for the reminder. After last year I bought two, sent one on the 'canadian mothers day' and kept the second in reserve for this year. Better get it in the post.

Try Yahoo for a e-card.