Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mortgage Providers for someone "ln-Limbo"

Mortgage Providers for someone "ln-Limbo"

Old Jan 8th 2015, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mortgage Providers for someone "ln-Limbo"

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Did not have to put any money down for a credit card, got a mastercard with PC with $1000 limit, then got a visa with RBC no money down and a $2000, then a third car which was a master card with RBC again no money down and $2,000 limit. Then just over Christmas RBC offered to reduce the apr and increase the limit on the visa to $4,000 limit. So three cards at the moment with combined limit of $7,000. Also RBC have given me pre approval on a mortgage and on a line of credit. I think it depends on who you see at the bank perhaps?
Out of curiosity. When RBC gave all this to you. Did you sell your house in the UK and bring funds over? Any may I ask what your profession is?
Old Jan 9th 2015, 1:45 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Out of curiosity. When RBC gave all this to you. Did you sell your house in the UK and bring funds over? Any may I ask what your profession is?
Still renting the house in the UK and I am an insurance adjuster.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar experience with RBC, they seemed to welcome me with open arms but as stated it may be down to who you actually meet with ?
Credit Card they gave me (Avion) was $3000 nothing down & a line of credit too and a $2000 over draft. Within 18 months my Avion was raised to $8000 limit.
I don't actually know for sure if it helped but i brought an Equifax Credit report with me from the UK and they took a copy of that.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 4:12 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I did not show them my equifax, but I think it's down to the person I saw at the bank
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Got this sorted out.

Went to see a mortgage broker who was more than helpful - my move in date is August 4th!

If anyone in Calgary area needs a recommendation then give me a PM, since we're not allowed to post details on the forum!