Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

mortgage brokers

mortgage brokers

Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default mortgage brokers

hi all, just wondering if anyone has used or knows off a good mortgage broker in saskatchewan...we wont have a deposit to put down as my house in the uk is still not sold:curse: any info would be grateful
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Zap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgage brokers

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
hi all, just wondering if anyone has used or knows off a good mortgage broker in saskatchewan...we wont have a deposit to put down as my house in the uk is still not sold:curse: any info would be grateful
You might try and find yourself a Realtor first in the area that you are most interested in. Most Realtors can get you in touch with a mortgage broker(s) that will be able to help you as well as giving you a list of lawyers, inspectors etc. (I always encourage that you also shop around a bit so you will need a list of a few).

Because you have no or minimum deposit you will also need mortgage insurance which is on a sliding scale depending on the percentage that they will need to insure. Generally they are referred to as high ratio mortgages when they exceed 75% of the value. There are some qualifications to getting mortgage insurance so you might want to check out the web sites of the CMHC (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) and also Genworth Financial Canada for the guidelines.

www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca
www.genworth.ca

Hope that this helps
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: mortgage brokers

Originally Posted by clairemarie70

Try these:

http://www.mortgage-brokers-director...ge-Brokers.htm