Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

MLS changing to.....

MLS changing to.....

Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default MLS changing to.....

http://www.realtor.ca/

I think this was on here before but thought i'd remind everyone.

New name starts on Oct 2nd.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:17 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of
Default Re: MLS changing to.....

Originally Posted by joelsa
http://www.realtor.ca/

I think this was on here before but thought i'd remind everyone.

New name starts on Oct 2nd.

Just to let you know that both websites are running now and they are planning for both to be running for certainly the near future.

www.mls.ca

www.realtor.ca
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

ryancoffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, that's right. They were orignally going to do it in May but they kept pushing it back for some reason. Dunno why.

FYI, (speaking as a Realtor) you'll save yourself a lot of time and hassle by meeting with your Realtor and looking at listings with their help instead of doing it on your own on that website. I have lots of clients who I know have spent hours and hours compiling info on listings on there. Then, they meet with me and in a matter of minutes I can see that many of them aren't even close to what they say they're looking for (but they can't tell just from the listing that took them so long to find). Then we find something that suits them better more easily. It's really because Realtors have access to more powerful searches and know what's out there and how to find it. We often even know a handful of well priced matching properties off the top of our heads.

What I'm getting at, is that I recommend putting your Realtor to work so you can save your own time. Doesn't matter where in Canada your talking about.

Oh, and BTW I don't recommend calling the Realtor who has the listing to view that particular listing. (I'm going to catch heat from the other Realtors for this, as I have in the past.) I wrote about why in detail here.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryancoffey
FYI, (speaking as a Realtor) you'll save yourself a lot of time and hassle by meeting with your Realtor and looking at listings with their help instead of doing it on your own on that website.
I'll second that. Our house is up for sale and I couldn't even initially find it on the MLS. So, if anyone wants to buy a house in Cochrane have a look for MLS number C3350379
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:28 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

About time they had a decent site to utilise!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:13 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, (speaking as a Realtor) you'll save yourself a lot of time and hassle by meeting with your Realtor and looking at listings with their help
Not always practical of course what with sometimes looking at Canadian property from the UK.

In our case we were living in Montreal and looking at NB. Our own research of listings led us to favour Moncton and from then on we compiled our own list. I have to say that back then there seemed more detail in the descriptions. Not only that but different sites had different descriptions - not contradictory, just a different focus - whereas now they all seem the same. One could get a better picture of the property then compared to what I see on the sites now.

Anyway, having identified the realtor we were to use, I sent him our spreadsheet of MLS numbers, prices, photos, descriptions and maps and that gave him a very good idea of what we were after. He made comments on many that he knew about state of disrepair, situation etc.

He had such a good idea of what we wanted that when he made suggestions of houses coming onto the market since we made our list, we had already added them.

For us, the research we did ourselves from out of province was a major factor in us seeing so many 'possibles' and being able to make a great choice of home during our visit.

I would imagine there are others for whom such prior research would be beneficial too.

Seeing is essential as well, of course. Our original Number One choice was horrible.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

ur heads.

Oh, and BTW I don't recommend calling the Realtor who has the listing to view that particular listing. (I'm going to catch heat from the other Realtors for this, as I have in the past.) I wrote about why in detail here.
I totally agree with you.

Stewart.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

the new site is not easy to navigate
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calgarylady
No, it's not, the old one was easier to use and I'm on some sort of mega-wonderful fast connection. On a dial up line the new one would be unusable. I hope no one put any great amount of work into it.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:04 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by calgarylady
Its very easy to navigate plus it actually has a map function thats well well overdue! at least you can search and see in geographical areas now!

Same old story people dont like change! - We should have stayed in the caves or maybe the trees
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Its very easy to navigate plus it actually has a map function thats well well overdue!
But that's problematic, it takes a long time to determine where to put the dots for property for sale so you can't easily scroll over the map; you need to start exactly where the house you want is.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a look at the new site.

Christ, what a dog's breakfast. I wonder how much some incompetent got paid for that?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

It seems to have some data quality issues. I can't believe that none of the houses for sale in the Beach are on mls and, when I click on properties around Orangeville, I'm transported to Brazil (kinda nice) or Saskatchewan (less so).
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:14 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I just had a look at the new site.

Christ, what a dog's breakfast. I wonder how much some incompetent got paid for that?
The old version was easier to use, and had much more logical click throughs. However the new site has a much better map search - I like it.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:10 pm
No time for muppets!

Originally Posted by dbd33
But that's problematic, it takes a long time to determine where to put the dots for property for sale so you can't easily scroll over the map; you need to start exactly where the house you want is.
But if you have a specific area you want to live - as I always have isnt that a big plus?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.