Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mississauga or Toronto

Mississauga or Toronto

Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Settlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really nice
Default Re: Mississauga or Toronto

We live in Mississauga for few months now. I don't consider it a big mistake to settle here, but it was not the best decision either.

Originally Posted by Ask a Canadian
Toronto and Mississauga are both equally great cities to live in. However, Mississauga is mainly suburban but has a sprawling city centre with a lotta recreational activities great for any family.
The main recreational activity in Mississauga, apart from sport at community centres (that are great), would be shopping at Square One. There are several good parks, but if you want anything more or less related to culture you have to go to Toronto. Takes two hours by bus without a car (or 20-30 minutes by GO train). But in Toronto you'll find real museums, zoo, science centre etc. If I had a job in Mississauga and didn't want to live in suburbs like Milton, I'd rather live in Western Toronto.

Originally Posted by Ask a Canadian
Mississauga housing will give you the best deal for your buck. The closer you move to Downtown Toronto, the smaller and less quality you get, just like any other N.American city. It's going to cost you to get Mississauga kinda housing in Toronto.
If we are not talking about condos in downtown TO, the price will be the same.