Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Mississauga or Toronto

Mississauga or Toronto

Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mississauga or Toronto

Originally Posted by madhusivan
Thanks dbd33, will check it out. Also what's your opinion about Mississauga? Especially Eglington Hurantario area.
I don't think there's anything at Eglinton and Hurontario. Generally Mississauga is divided by the QEW, north of the QEW (with the exception of Streetsville) is recent development on farmland. That which is not industrial estates is ugly tract housing in treeless, pub less, church less, dormitory developments. Public transit is limited. South of the QEW is older developments which grew out of small towns, some of it is less desolate then the north and there's a train line to Toronto.

How you see these places depends of course, on where you live now. Even the northern parts of Mississauga are physically safe and, apart from the weather, offer an attractive alternative to the Gaza strip.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:12 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I believe Brampton has a fair-sized Indian community too.
Well its nickname is Bramladesh so yeah - also Mississauga has large Indian population, if thats what your looking for Id stick to those 2 cant go wrong.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:16 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Was it you or someone else who once told me a GTA burb had been built with houses that had unattached garages, just to deter Asians from buying them?
Careful you will be accused of racism by the tree huggers!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:19 pm
No time for muppets!

God it's confusing! I think I have to change my preferences now. What are the choices available if I'm ok with suburbs and Indian neighborhood not a criteria? I'm ok with going to the Indian grocery once in 2 weeks and to a decent Indian restaurant once a month, as long as the area is safe and good enough to raise children.
If thats the case then you can look at Milton, Vaughan, Burlington etc all will have something in your price range, even a decentish Indian restaurant in Burlington and nearby Oakville. If you dont need to live in TO for work Id get as far away from it as possible for the quality of life - become dbd33s neighbour up Shelburne way!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
If thats the case then you can look at Milton, Vaughan, Burlington etc all will have something in your price range, even a decentish Indian restaurant in Burlington and nearby Oakville. If you dont need to live in TO for work Id get as far away from it as possible for the quality of life - become dbd33s neighbour up Shelburne way!
I dunno about Shelburne but I do think they should look at Orangeville, easy access to Brampton but cheaper and less rough.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

madhusivan is on a distinguished road

I looked for 3 bedroom apts. in orangeville and it's not available there. As of yesterday only 2 bedroom apts showed up.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I looked for 3 bedroom apts. in orangeville and it's not available there. As of yesterday only 2 bedroom apts showed up.
http://mississauga.kijiji.ca/c-housi...QAdIdZ97208277
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Ask a Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mississauga or Toronto

Toronto and Mississauga are both equally great cities to live in. However, Mississauga is mainly suburban but has a sprawling city centre with a lotta recreational activities great for any family.

The City of Toronto suburbs within the city have older housing than Mississauga, which is a city thats part of the Greater Toronto Area. If you're looking for comfortable environment that includes great social services and education, anything in the West away from the Toronto Downtown core is great. I would suggest Mississauga and it's a comfortable commute to Downtown Toronto.

Mississauga housing will give you the best deal for your buck. The closer you move to Downtown Toronto, the smaller and less quality you get, just like any other N.American city. It's going to cost you to get Mississauga kinda housing in Toronto.

Hope this Helps.
All the Best with your move to Canada.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:37 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
I would recommend Vaughan, Thornhill, Woodbridge, Richmond Hill, Maple, as a good starting point to anyone who wants to live here but doesn't know the city proper. It's a lot pricier, very much "suburban living", but there's much more green space and good safe communities, and the air is a little more "country". All the kids play soccer up there too ...
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
I would recommend Vaughan, Thornhill, Woodbridge, Richmond Hill, Maple, as a good starting point to anyone who wants to live here but doesn't know the city proper. It's a lot pricier, very much "suburban living", but there's much more green space and good safe communities, and the air is a little more "country". All the kids play soccer up there too ...
Do you not like immigrants?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:35 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do you not like immigrants?
This is a forum for immigrants isn't it?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
This is a forum for immigrants isn't it?
It is. That's why I wonder if you hate them. Somewhere like Vaughan or Woodbridge would, I imagine, drive a new immigrant to suicide. There's nothing there but tract housing, no pubs, no independent restaurants, a car is needed for everything. Yes, if you've been in Canada for a while and all that matters to you is the size of your house, you might consider living there but, if you just arrived, if you had some grasp of civilization, you'd die of boredom. What a hateful proposal!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:55 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It is. That's why I wonder if you hate them. Somewhere like Vaughan or Woodbridge would, I imagine, drive a new immigrant to suicide. There's nothing there but tract housing, no pubs, no independent restaurants, a car is needed for everything. Yes, if you've been in Canada for a while and all that matters to you is the size of your house, you might consider living there but, if you just arrived, if you had some grasp of civilization, you'd die of boredom. What a hateful proposal!
http://www.restaurantica.com/on/woodbridge/s1/

http://www.restaurantica.com/on/vaughan/s1/
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:01 am
Assimilated Pauper

That site defeats my internet connection but, ok, I accept that each branch of East Side Marios, Boston Pizza, Harvey's and Dairy Queen is independently owned and operated.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

That site defeats my internet connection but, ok, I accept that each branch of East Side Marios, Boston Pizza, Harvey's and Dairy Queen is independently owned and operated.
Woodbridge has the land developer owned banquet hall market pretty well tied up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.