Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Missing Part of the name on the SIN Card!!!!

Missing Part of the name on the SIN Card!!!!

Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:51 am
Just Joined

bbfadi is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Missing Part of the name on the SIN Card!!!!

Hi,

I have an issue that i would like to share it with you.

In my passport my first name is written (Example) as "John David". (David is the father name)
Last Name : "Wilson".

In the PR the name was written as "John David Wilson".

In the SIN card the father name was not included although it's part of my first name: The full name written was "John Wilson".

Is that OK? does anybody have this situation?

I'm asking coz all my bills / employment record are displayed as per the SIN card (without father name as per the SIN Card) and not as per the PR Card.

Thanks.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:13 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Part of the name on the SIN Card!!!!

Originally Posted by bbfadi
Hi,

I have an issue that i would like to share it with you.

In my passport my first name is written (Example) as "John David". (David is the father name)
Last Name : "Wilson".

In the PR the name was written as "John David Wilson".

In the SIN card the father name was not included although it's part of my first name: The full name written was "John Wilson".

Is that OK? does anybody have this situation?

I'm asking coz all my bills / employment record are displayed as per the SIN card (without father name as per the SIN Card) and not as per the PR Card.

Thanks.
Not a problem.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:15 am
Just Joined

This was happened a year ago.

I thought it's OK.

I will go and check with "Service Canada" tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This was happened a year ago.

I thought it's OK.

I will go and check with "Service Canada" tomorrow.

Thanks.
All of my students from China, called something like Xuen Li get their mail addressed to Mr. Li. We're just not very culturally sensitive in Canada.

No sweat.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, but i'm not talking abt mail address, it's the name appearing in the SIN Card?!!

Regards,
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:49 am
Born again atheist

Thanks for the reply, but i'm not talking abt mail address, it's the name appearing in the SIN Card?!!

Regards,
Well, go check. But things are flexible here.

The number is more important than the name on the SIN card. This is not Amurka, but there is an understanding of Ellis Island.