Reload this Page >

Missing British Television in Canada

Missing British Television in Canada

Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:14 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Missing British Television in Canada

Originally Posted by pollard
I work in accounting, and the wife works in Telecommunications. I know there are a lot of pigs in southwestern ontario, and even northern ontario, we saw a lot of them on saturday, driving up to tobermory.
You lucky thing I love it around Tobermory and Southampton, we had a wet weekend in Plymouth packing
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Quinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant future

I can't believe you lot are getting all worked up about football and the broadcast of it over here in Canada. Well.....it's not the number 3 sport over here, it's way behind curling, hockey, and canadian football.?
Pollard I'm guessing you are north american? For a european/south american/asian/arabic (in fact if you come from just about anywhere in the world apart from north america) you would know that football ('soccer') is the most passionate and popular sport in the world for many good reasons. We LOVE it!

We all have to sacrifice something during times like these
sacrifice football? - have you taken leave of your senses?

As for being way behind "curling, hockey, and canadian football" - watch this space. North amercans are discovering just how exciting it is compared against most american slow moving sports such as baseball (yawn!). I'll accept that hockey is an exception to this as it has similar attributes to football and is nice and fast.

Us immigrants are evangelising soccer to the natives. In Montreal, 'the Impact' soccer team is drawing bigger and bigger crowds whilst the crowd for the 'expos' got smaller and smaller before eventaully being sold to washington and rebranded.

Would you rather stay in the UK and get your soccer fix, or move to canada and have a better life, and enjoy the scenic area and nature?
OR . . .? I want both and I shall have it - come on you Arsenal!

M.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future

I work in accounting, and the wife works in Telecommunications. I know there are a lot of pigs in southwestern ontario, and even northern ontario, we saw a lot of them on saturday, driving up to tobermory.
I had to read that twice then - I thought you said the pigs were driving - is that in Nivlad's research I wonder?? Yeah, and pigs drive (I mean fly!) and poop
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:01 am
OMG - I'm back

Originally Posted by crazydaisy
I had to read that twice then - I thought you said the pigs were driving - is that in Nivlad's research I wonder?? Yeah, and pigs drive (I mean fly!) and poop
so much poop
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:14 am
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

very funny....we were driving, on our way to tobermory, and we saw a lot of pigs on our way there, thru hwy 86, southampton, lions head, and sauble beach

Originally Posted by crazydaisy
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:18 am
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

Am actually from england, herts to be specific. Am a rugby, cricket, and tennis fan. Even though I don't get to see the rugby as much as i like, it hasn't been the end of the world, there are more important things to do, like drive around to see stuff.

Have you seen the pics, in the posting pics thread?

Originally Posted by Quinn of Québec
Pollard I'm guessing you are north american? For a european/south american/asian/arabic (in fact if you come from just about anywhere in the world apart from north america) you would know that football ('soccer') is the most passionate and popular sport in the world for many good reasons. We LOVE it!

sacrifice football? - have you taken leave of your senses?

As for being way behind "curling, hockey, and canadian football" - watch this space. North amercans are discovering just how exciting it is compared against most american slow moving sports such as baseball (yawn!). I'll accept that hockey is an exception to this as it has similar attributes to football and is nice and fast.

Us immigrants are evangelising soccer to the natives. In Montreal, 'the Impact' soccer team is drawing bigger and bigger crowds whilst the crowd for the 'expos' got smaller and smaller before eventaully being sold to washington and rebranded.

OR . . .? I want both and I shall have it - come on you Arsenal!

M.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Voyager970
James

Put your dummy back in

You are in a new land, go out and explore, meet new friends, forge new relationships, forget british TV, its a load of crap.

Dont think you can get Sky etc over in Ontario, but I stand to be corrected

Eddie
With all due respects you don't live in Canada!
Winters here are extremely cruel with little alternative but to sit in watching TV. A few hours of watching dire US sitcoms and you'll be praying for British TV I promise!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:29 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seacreature
Winters here are extremely cruel with little alternative but to sit in watching TV. A few hours of watching dire US sitcoms and you'll be praying for British TV I promise!
There's always hockey to fill the gap.

Unless you're wasi or Willmore then you have to put up with this!

Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Edward de Par is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Missing British Television in Canada

Tell you what would be great to have in the winter though...a few episodes of "Only Fools and Horses"

Cannot understand why it hasn't gone out for sindication and the CBC haven't picked it up.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:43 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Iginla

lol! Thanks for those - sums it up really.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:30 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Iginla

I don't why I didn't think of this earlier but... yes Willmore and I have Cloutier to put up with but you in Cowtown have this --->

(or was that you? )
Attached Thumbnails Missing British Television in Canada-backinthesaddle.jpg  
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:02 pm
OMG - I'm back

I could not agree more well said seacreature! do you like spongebob?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:06 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I don't why I didn't think of this earlier but... yes Willmore and I have Cloutier to put up with but you in Cowtown have this --->

(or was that you? )
LOL! Definitely not guilty!

I heard about that one. Apparently the worst streak in sports history.

He landed on the other side, slipped on the ice and knocked himself out!

Goes to show you, you should always take your socks off when running on ice.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:23 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I do live in canada, and there is plenty of stuff other than TV that I do in the winter (although I do watch more in winter I'll admit!) The only thing worth making the effort to watch here at the mo is Dr Who. I guess I'm not a big reallity TV fan...which limits things, and we dont bother with all the CSIs or 24 and that kind of thing.

In the winter I read a lot more, and my Sax (with an "a" ) gets more practice. Hell, we even play cards and have "conversations" too! Hard to believe I know for some.

Much to my amazement I did stumble into a cricket highlite show on CBC. It wasnt on the Kingston or Peterborough affiliate, but the Ottawa one was showing "ICC cricket world " (or something like that) around 6.30pm on Saturday. It almost made my day. The OH had no idea what that was all about...and I wasnt going to waste three days trying to explain the LBW rule to a north american!

Last edited by iaink; Jun 9th 2005 at 3:33 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I've only been here 5mins but tellywise, you don't even know you've left the UK. The programs that aren't direct imports are remakes...almost everything is "familiar" (I didn't say good!).

From memory, I've flicked over Corrie, Eastenders, Emmerdale, Strictly Come Dancing, Hells Kitchen, cricket, rugby union, loads of kids stuff (Balamory, Fimbles, Kipper, Boobah, Tweenies, Thomas...), Rough Guides, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Little Britain, a remake of that Graham Norton dancing thing, Pop Idol, Dead Ringers, a ton of home improvement rubbish, the Antiques Roadshow, Vets in Practice --I could go on and on. Hey, it's been raining here and my computer was broken, not much else to do!

Add in the american stuff we got in the UK and it's pretty familiar to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.