Military Transfer

Military Transfer

Old Jun 25th 2018, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

MikeJones735 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Military Transfer

Hello everyone,
​​​​​​
So I am currently trying to find any information about transferring from the British Army to the CAF. I already fill the criteria to join the CAF however I cannot find any information to aid in a transfer. I've already spoken to my RCMO and Glasgow and nobody seems to know. If anybody could provide any information that would be greatly appreciated. I am already a Canadian Citizen but I have never lived in Canada if that is any help.

Thank you all.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Military Transfer

As you are a Canadian citizen then if you are having trouble being accepted as a transferee then just quit and return to Canada as a citizen and apply to join.
Read this link regarding recruiting

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...y-now/faq.html

Also this article has info on the Canadian forces potentially recruiting non citizens

Military looks at foreign recruits to boost ranks | CBC News
Old Jun 25th 2018, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

If you can hit a barn door at 10 paces, you’re hired.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 5:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJones735
Hello everyone,
​​​​​​
So I am currently trying to find any information about transferring from the British Army to the CAF. I already fill the criteria to join the CAF however I cannot find any information to aid in a transfer. I've already spoken to my RCMO and Glasgow and nobody seems to know. If anybody could provide any information that would be greatly appreciated. I am already a Canadian Citizen but I have never lived in Canada if that is any help.

Thank you all.

Hello and welcome to BE!
I think this thread - and the links within it - might be of use to you.. Any expats joined the Canadian Forces?

Old Jun 28th 2018, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
If you can hit a barn door at 10 paces, you’re hired.
Or at least the barn...
Old Jun 30th 2018, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

NavyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't transfer between militaries. You need to leave one and join the other, in fact it is against the law to be the member of a foreign armed forces and the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).

As I have written before there are several ways to join.

In your case we can discount the tap on the shoulder for an exchange Officer/NCO or the PR route. As a Canadian citizen you need to apply for the military the same as the 18 year old. I found it strange sitting in the recruiting room filling out the test sheet with people old enough to be my kid.

In your case you will be wanting to speak to the recruitment officer and demonstrate your experience. They will reach in to the relevant branch manager and then the CAF will see if you are worth bringing in on a expedited route or if you don't meet a shortage or skill set they need you will be processed as any other person walking in off the street.

Things you need is a print out of your experience, certificates for courses done and you may find references from previous bosses help.

You go through the recruitment process which gets to a stage of a provisional offer. You then have to leave the UK military, prove you have and then join the Canadian military.