Reload this Page >

Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Old Dec 6th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

MariaP is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
No, I bloody well will not and I won't come if any of you are planning to wear anything like that - you all look weird enough already!
Any thoughts on where to meet up yet?
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:05 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

No, I bloody well will not and I won't come if any of you are planning to wear anything like that - you all look weird enough already!
My hair has grown out - I have to have something that takes the attention away from my hat-head now.

But you have to come, Sean - I want an update on your hole.

And I have no ideas on where to meet up - no preferences when it comes to food, but would like somewhere where we could actually hear eachother talking.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wannabe
My hair has grown out - I have to have something that takes the attention away from my hat-head now.

But you have to come, Sean - I want an update on your hole.

And I have no ideas on where to meet up - no preferences when it comes to food, but would like somewhere where we could actually hear eachother talking.
I think at the Keg, Empire Grill or Tucker's Marketplace it should not be too noisy so any of them should be fine for us to have a good old chat. If everyone could let me know which of these three places they prefer to go to, that would be good (once we decide - I may try to see if we can get reservations at the one we finally choose although during the Holiday Season may be a bit tricky but I can try). The main thing is to meet up in front of one of these places as a meeting place, try to get inside (as we are going for lunch (2 PM)) it might not be as busy at dinnertime), and if we can't get into our first place of choice, we can try and find something else together (luckily there are a lot of places in the Market area).

I will wait to see which place everyone is most interested in although if I do try to make any reservations, I probably should do so by Tuesday Dec 12 (a few days before the 16th) so would need to know where and how many and if 2 PM still suits. Look forward to hearing your answers and to meeting up with all of you again and if any newcomers wish to att end, welcome.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:43 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MariaP
Any thoughts on where to meet up yet?
How about "Akbar's Spicey Fish Curry Hut"?
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Meet up in Ottawa, Canada

How about "Akbar's Spicey Fish Curry Hut"?
Ha Ha Very funny. Are you sure you were not Oscar Wilde in another life?

Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 5:34 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road

Guys and gals, it's December 9, 2006, have we reached a consensus as where and when to meet?
Since I am relatively fresh off the border/board, I don't know which place is good/bad. I let you decide when and where, I shall be there.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 7:38 pm

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

According to this, The Keg doesn't open till 4:30 on Saturdays, so I guess that one's out of the picture, then. Tucker's get mixed reviews in what I've found online, so my vote goes to Empire.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

According to this, The Keg doesn't open till 4:30 on Saturdays, so I guess that one's out of the picture, then. Tucker's get mixed reviews in what I've found online, so my vote goes to Empire.

I still fancy Akbar's Spicey Fish Curry Hut.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:03 am

I still fancy Akbar's Spicey Fish Curry Hut.
If you can provide a link to the location and the menu, I'm willing to take it into consideration, although it was entered very late, if I may say...
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:56 am
Account Closed

If you can provide a link to the location and the menu, I'm willing to take it into consideration, although it was entered very late, if I may say...
May I direct you to the Akbar website (lowfiredept.ca/gunslingers/akbars/akbars.htm).

I've heard the "Gill Cover & Anal Fin Goulash" is beautiful, I'm sure MariaP will love it.

I could tell you didn't believe me Wannabee, now you owe me BIG TIME for your lack of faith. Go round there if you still don't believe me!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:44 pm

Nice one.

May I direct you to the Akbar website (lowfiredept.ca/gunslingers/akbars/akbars.htm).

I've heard the "Gill Cover & Anal Fin Goulash" is beautiful, I'm sure MariaP will love it.

I could tell you didn't believe me Wannabee, now you owe me BIG TIME for your lack of faith. Go round there if you still don't believe me!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

The Empire Grill is fine with me (at 47 Clarence St on the Market). The menu info for the Empire Grill is on the link I previously sent you of some of the Market restaurants (if you want to have a looksy). It seems they do lunch-brunch 9-3 or lunch 9-4 so either way we are ok.

How about 1:30 PM this Saturday the 16th we meet in front of the Empire Grill? If people can let me know in advance who is coming for sure, I could try to book a reservation (if the EG will let me). Please note I am not in the office this Friday so will not have access to a computer after this Thursday so would need to know things are definitely set by Thursday (and I am really busy this week so would like to get things set ASAP).

I look forward to hearing from each of you ASAP as to who will be coming and once I know the number of people for sure, then I can try and book a reservation by Wednesday PM at the latest. If the EG won't let me book a reservation then we will just have to take our chances.

Hope this is ok with everyone.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 3:42 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road

Count me in!!!

Originally Posted by MariaP
Hi all
The Empire Grill is fine with me (at 47 Clarence St on the Market). The menu info for the Empire Grill is on the link I previously sent you of some of the Market restaurants (if you want to have a looksy). It seems they do lunch-brunch 9-3 or lunch 9-4 so either way we are ok.
How about 1:30 PM this Saturday the 16th we meet in front of the Empire Grill? If people can let me know in advance who is coming for sure, I could try to book a reservation (if the EG will let me). Please note I am not in the office this Friday so will not have access to a computer after this Thursday so would need to know things are definitely set by Thursday (and I am really busy this week so would like to get things set ASAP).
I look forward to hearing from each of you ASAP as to who will be coming and once I know the number of people for sure, then I can try and book a reservation by Wednesday PM at the latest. If the EG won't let me book a reservation then we will just have to take our chances.

Hope this is ok with everyone.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:10 am

Looks like I'll be there, too!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like I'll be there, too!
That makes three of us so far. Waiting to hear from others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.