Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Medicals - Are you almost done.

Medicals - Are you almost done.

Old Feb 25th 2004, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

pjs35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Medicals - Are you almost done.

Hi,
I'm trying to understand what my status is with regards to my PR application. I applied as a skilled worker back in August 2002.
Got a file number in November 2002. I then waited a full year and received a letter in November 2003 stating that an interview is not required and medical information will be sent shortly. We had our medicals in December and had too also re-submit police clearance forms as our originals were out of date. I visited the CHC in London in January and they confirmed that they had received all required information and they will be in touch within the next couple of months.
Can anyone on the forum confirm whether we are now in a good position to expect a favourable response and soon?
I've been told by a number of people that once your medicals are issued, providing there is no medical problems, you are done.
Is that the case?
Thanks
Peter.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

billyinscotland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals - Are you almost done.

Originally posted by pjs35
Hi,
I'm trying to understand what my status is with regards to my PR application. I applied as a skilled worker back in August 2002.
Got a file number in November 2002. I then waited a full year and received a letter in November 2003 stating that an interview is not required and medical information will be sent shortly. We had our medicals in December and had too also re-submit police clearance forms as our originals were out of date. I visited the CHC in London in January and they confirmed that they had received all required information and they will be in touch within the next couple of months.
Can anyone on the forum confirm whether we are now in a good position to expect a favourable response and soon?
I've been told by a number of people that once your medicals are issued, providing there is no medical problems, you are done.
Is that the case?
Thanks
Peter.
Hi Peter, i`m sorry i don`t have the answer for you, i completed my meds about a month ago and am waiting again :-(
Could i ask you what it was like when you visited London CHC, i`m thinking of paying a visit. Is there a queue from 8am?, will someone speak to you?, how long were you there?, sorry for all the questions, but you have the experience,lol. ...............billy
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Hi billy,
I got there at about 9.00am. No queue's. Once you get past the security check, you go upstairs to the main waiting area. Fortunately there was no queue here. You go to one of the unoccupied windows and speak to an official who sits behind a glass screen via a microphone. In my case, I gave them my most recent correspondence with file number and asked what the current status was on my application. If they can't answer right away (their computer was down) they give you a number and tell you to wait. This was only 5 minutes. In my case, all they would say was that everything had been received and they would be in touch within the next couple of months. On that basis, if I don't hear from them in mid-march, I'll be back up there with the same question. Hope we both hear soon!
Let me know if you go, and how you got on.
Thanks
Peter.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

billyinscotland is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peter, thanks for the info, it will help me if i decide to go down.
When i took my meds i didn`t realise that the DMP sent them by ordinary post, and not recorded. Although things should be ok i`m worried that they may not have got to CHC. I tried faxing but no reply, so i may just go down.
You have had a long wait, but as you have got to medicals i would hope that you are nearly there. I think they do background/security check around that time, so if you have only lived in the UK it shouldn`t take too long. Good luck, i hope to hear that you have passport request shortly...............billy
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals - Are you almost done.

Originally posted by pjs35
Hi,
Is that the case?
Thanks
Peter.

Hi...

USUALLY... it takes about 2-3 months from medicals to request for passport.

I'd give it to the end of next month and THEN start panicking.

The fact that the doc didn't call you back for more jiggerypokerry I'd think that you're fighting fit and twice as ugly.
You're on the home straight now... (things COULD go T over A - but I've never heard of it).

BTW - once you have received your passport requests and you've sent them off, it takes approx 10 days to get your passports (with shiny visa's inside) back. So, you're almost there!!!!
Patience my little grasshopper..

Wendy

P.S. I take your police certs were still nice and clean?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the update Wendy.
Our latest police certs were clean thank god!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

seamonsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Did anyone find out the results of their medical? The doc wouldn't give me mine, or even say if I was OK or not!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by seamonsta
Did anyone find out the results of their medical? The doc wouldn't give me mine, or even say if I was OK or not!

When we had our medicals we were not actually given the results but the Doctor did he say that he couldn't see there being any problems.

Stephen