medicals

Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all
Post medicals

Hi all, just received our medical forms for permenant residence, how much do adult and child medical exams cost? (the kids are 6,5 and 15 months)
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

sdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nice
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by kirstybowles
Hi all, just received our medical forms for permenant residence, how much do adult and child medical exams cost? (the kids are 6,5 and 15 months)
Hi Kirsty,
From what I have seen it can vary. We had our in Sept 2009 in Belfast. 2 adults 3 Children and it came to £1080 which includes XRays for My wife wife I.
We also had to get a second medical for our twins who have a slight speech delay which will be £450 when I get the Bill

so it can be steep

Regards

Sean
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sdfharkin
Hi Kirsty,
From what I have seen it can vary. We had our in Sept 2009 in Belfast. 2 adults 3 Children and it came to £1080 which includes XRays for My wife wife I.
We also had to get a second medical for our twins who have a slight speech delay which will be £450 when I get the Bill

so it can be steep

Regards

Sean
Oh my god!
We are having ours in Liverpool hope its not that steep over here.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Kirsty,

We had our PR Medicals on the 4th of Jan 2010, we priced up 3 in the North West Area, 2 in Manchester and 1 in Liverpool. The 1 in Liverpool and 1 in Manchester, came out at £1177 for 6 of us at various ages. The 1 in Altrincham, Manchester cost us £870, a big difference. I can recommend Altrincham practice, it was very smooth.

Regards

Nige
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
The best thing you can do is phone around to ask the ones nearest to you how much they charge. Be sure to ask if that includes X-rays and whether they are done on the premises.

We had ours in November in Knightsbridge.....they were £200 cheaper for a family of four....compared to the Harley Street practice. Knightsbridge do x-rays on the premises.....Harley Street send you somewhere else and x-rays are charged separately, hence the difference in price.

Its a minefield out there...so tread carefully. Also check if you can all be done in the same appointment on the same day. Cambridge told me that they could only do one adult and one child on one day and the other Adult and child the next day....which is just stupid.

Take any copies of recent medical history with you and also a copy of your last smear test. Ladies should not do medicals a few days either side of their period to avoid blood in urine. Also larger busted ladies may have to have 2 x-rays as breasts can show as shadows...if that is the case you will be charged an extra £40.

Good luck
Hope this helps
Stef
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sdfharkin
Hi Kirsty,

so it can be steep

Regards

Sean
sorry to hijack the thread,

sean, i assume you guys did your medicals with clifton street surgery.
me and the wife have ours in just over a weeks time and i was wondering if you could shed any light on the process as we're not really sure what to expect!

did you guys have a breast/testicular exam?
did your wife have a smear test done?
did you bring anything with you with regards to medical history?

many thanks
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

sdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nice

Originally Posted by goodpikey
sorry to hijack the thread,

sean, i assume you guys did your medicals with clifton street surgery.
me and the wife have ours in just over a weeks time and i was wondering if you could shed any light on the process as we're not really sure what to expect!

did you guys have a breast/testicular exam?
did your wife have a smear test done?
did you bring anything with you with regards to medical history?

many thanks
Hi goodpikey,
Yes we had our Medicals at Clifton St Surgery. Firstly the staff are Great especially Martin. The Dr is really nice and makes you relaxed
as for the questions you posed.
1. I had a testicular exam and My Wife had a Breast Examination
2. My wife didn't need a smear test as she has had one with in a defined period of time (I think it's 3 years, Best check that your self)
3. You have to fill in the questionnaire that the Dr supplies which is detailed.

don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more info.

Regards

Sean
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nige1521
Kirsty,

We had our PR Medicals on the 4th of Jan 2010, we priced up 3 in the North West Area, 2 in Manchester and 1 in Liverpool. The 1 in Liverpool and 1 in Manchester, came out at £1177 for 6 of us at various ages. The 1 in Altrincham, Manchester cost us £870, a big difference. I can recommend Altrincham practice, it was very smooth.

Regards

Nige
thanks nige altrincham it is then,look out for my liver on ebay