Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Medical questions

Medical questions

Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Liverpool Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical questions

Anyone know whether having a couple of medical conditions would prevent me from getting the thumbs up?

I have Endometriosis and Raynaud's Syndrome. Both currently under control. Taking regular prescription medications to do this. Would either of these be classed as serious medical conditions, do you know?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medical questions

Originally Posted by Liverpool Lou
Anyone know whether having a couple of medical conditions would prevent me from getting the thumbs up?

I have Endometriosis and Raynaud's Syndrome. Both currently under control. Taking regular prescription medications to do this. Would either of these be classed as serious medical conditions, do you know?
You could try asking this one in the immigration forum but you're not likely to get much of an answer. A good suggestion I have seen repeated over the years is to get your own doctor to write a letter to explain prognosis etc. What they're worried about is the likely cost of healthcare over a five year period (I think 5 years was the time mentioned) and wether you will cost more than the average canuk. Not much help I'm afraid.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:54 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

With you having Raynaud's Syndrome..

I know its non of my business but surely our winters will do nothing more than aggravate your condition?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:46 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I have Raynaud's Syndrome.
I'm sorry, I know I'm warped but that struck me as funny .... yes I'm still on the strong painkillers and whisky so I can't be held responsible for my sense of humour!

Seriously though, .......I was wondering if you are able to attend any of the immigration shows this year. The next is in March at Sandown. There are representatives from the CHC there, and you might find it useful to talk to them?

Morw
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

LOL...I know. I must seem like an idiot huh? Kind of ironic that I LOVE the snow

I've been taking some meds for a couple of years now that have drastically reduced my susceptibility to attacks. I think if I'm sensible, wear all the right stuff, I'll be just fine. I used to spend quite a lot of time in Montana during the winter (when my partner still lived there), and used to be okay. Admittedly, I knew I couldn't spend prolonged periods of time outside - but when it's bone-chillingly cold I'm an indoors kinda girl anyway.

Kind of caught between the devil and the deep blue sea with this one - I WANT to live in Canada, my gf NEEDS to be closer to her kids in the USA and here I am with flippin Raynauds . If I stayed here long term, it'd be the end of our relationship - I know she couldn't cope with living here permanently. Canada seems the perfect solution for us.

Anyway - thanks for the feedback folks. Any other suggestions/insights would be most appreciated.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:32 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

....it was the "thumbs up" expression that tickled me
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Medical questions

Originally Posted by Morwenna
....it was the "thumbs up" expression that tickled me
Lol...I hadn't even intended that daft pun, Morwenna Seems ironically apt though, eh?! LOL!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 6:10 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Lol...I hadn't even intended that daft pun, Morwenna Seems ironically apt though, eh?! LOL!
Ok, I know I am being stupid - but this has been bugging me for a couple of months now. What does LOL stand for? I see it everywhere, on this board and elsewhere and never quite understood it.

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:39 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wiggs1034
Ok, I know I am being stupid - but this has been bugging me for a couple of months now. What does LOL stand for? I see it everywhere, on this board and elsewhere and never quite understood it.

Thanks

LOL = Laugh out Loud (I had to have it explained to me a few years back on one of the American forums!

Also useful for Chat Messages (oh, and here is a list of 'em! http://www.brainshare.com.ph/chatnym.htm )

BFN
Clare
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClareBC
LOL = Laugh out Loud (I had to have it explained to me a few years back on one of the American forums!

Also useful for Chat Messages (oh, and here is a list of 'em! http://www.brainshare.com.ph/chatnym.htm )

BFN
Clare
Thanks from me also as I always thought LOL was lots of love! Could have got me in trouble!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:57 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ClareBC

BFN
Clare

D'oh.

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel suitably daft.