Medical question

Medical question

Old Jun 7th 2002, 11:48 pm
RSK
Forum Regular

RSK is on a distinguished road
Default Medical question

Hi All

I and my wife submitted our PR app a few months ago and are awaiting an interview. My wife is under medication for epilepsy. In all her life she has had only 3 attacks and the last one was abt 2.5 yrs ago. My questions are 1) Do we have to bring this up during the intervieww if we have one. 2) If we dont have an interview then do we disclose this in the medicals. 3) Will this have any adverse effect on the approval of our app. She is well qualified & experienced.

Thanks in advance for all the help

RSK
Old Jun 9th 2002, 8:20 am
None Noner

Default Re: Medical question

First of all, it is a requirement for applicants to answer all questions truthfully
and to the best of their ability. That being said....
    >
    > I and my wife submitted our PR app a few months ago and are awaiting an interview.
    > My wife is under medication for epilepsy. In all her life she has had only 3
    > attacks and the last one was abt 2.5 yrs ago. My questions are 1) Do we have to
    > bring this up during the intervieww if we have one. 2) If we dont have an interview
    > then do we disclose this in the medicals. 3) Will this have any adverse effect on
    > the approval of our app. She is well qualified & experienced.

1. Yes you should.

2. This question is a standard question in the medical exam, and as such you need to
answer it truthfully. You also have to advise the DMP of any medications that you
are taking.

3. Probably not, since she is being successfully treated with medication, and that
does not make her medically inadmissable.

Also, if a person is deemed medically inadmissable, the qualifications of experience
that person possesses has no bearing, and cannot be considered a factor.

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 9th 2002, 12:20 pm
None Noner

Addition to previous response... response for your question 1 should be "Yes you
should, if you are asked." As I said, inquiry into such conditions is a standard
question in the medical exam itself, and as such should be answered truthfully if the
condition exists.

TEST First of all, it is a requirement for applicants to answer all questions
truthfully and to the best of their ability. That being said....
    >
    > I and my wife submitted our PR app a few months ago and are awaiting an interview.
    > My wife is under medication for epilepsy. In all her life she has had only 3
    > attacks and the last one was abt 2.5 yrs ago. My questions are 1) Do we have to
    > bring this up during the intervieww if we have one. 2) If we dont have an interview
    > then do we disclose this in the medicals. 3) Will this have any adverse effect on
    > the approval of our app. She is well qualified & experienced.

1. Yes you should.

2. This question is a standard question in the medical exam, and as such you need to
answer it truthfully. You also have to advise the DMP of any medications that you
are taking.

3. Probably not, since she is being successfully treated with medication, and that
does not make her medically inadmissable.

Also, if a person is deemed medically inadmissable, the qualifications of experience
that person possesses has no bearing, and cannot be considered a factor.

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jun 10th 2002, 1:51 am
RSK
Forum Regular

RSK is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your response..