Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

medical insurance while visiting canada

medical insurance while visiting canada

Old May 3rd 2004, 12:29 am
Just Joined

ANGIEWUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question medical insurance while visiting canada

I WENT TO CANADA TO VISIT MY HUSBAND FOR 6 MONTHS AND DECIDE WHETHER TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE! I DECIDED TO COME BACK TO ENGLAND WHILE MY APPLICATION WENT THORUGH CAUSE I COULDN'T BE BOTHERED WAITING ALL THAT TIME DOING NOTHING AND SO I COULD GO TO COLLEGE FOR FREE INSTEAD OF PAYING OUT LOADS OF MONEY TO GO IN CANADA!
SINCE I'VE BEEN BACK I FOUND OUT I'M PREGNANT WITH OUR SECOND CHILD! OUR FIRST CHILD WAS BORN HERE IN ENGLAND AND NOW MY HUSBAND WANTS ME TO COME BACK TO CANADA TO HAVE OUR BABY!IF I GO BACK IT WILL BE ON ANOTHER VISITORS VISA!
DOES N E 1 KNOW WHETHER I WOULD BE COVERED ON MY TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR ALL THE MEDICAL I'M GOING TO NEED WHILE IN CANADA AND FOR THE BIRTH OF OUR CHILD! I THOUGHT TRAVEL INSURANCE ONLY COVERED ME FOR EMERGENCIES! OR IS THERE N E OTHER SORT OF MEDICAL COVERAGE I COULD GET THAT WOULD COVER ME FOR THIS SITUATION?