Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Medical Advice

Medical Advice

Old Nov 29th 2002, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Girlwithnoname is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Medical Advice

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone out there can tell me whether osteoporosis counts as one of the conditions that would cause “unnecessary strain on Canada’s health system� and therefore make an applicant inadmissible. He is in his early 30’s and male (which is rare for contracting osteoporosis) and has just been diagnosed (and is due for his immigration interview very soon). He has been advised by his doctor that as long as he remains on medication that he should be able to live a long and normal life (the costs of which I assume he would be responsible for personally).

Does anyone know if this affliction falls into the realm of making him medically inadmissible to Canada?

please email me at [email protected] or respond here.

thank you very much for your advice.
GWNN
Old Dec 1st 2002, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Advice

probably not.. but again its a decision made by ims in ottawa...

Originally posted by Girlwithnoname
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone out there can tell me whether osteoporosis counts as one of the conditions that would cause “unnecessary strain on Canada’s health system� and therefore make an applicant inadmissible. He is in his early 30’s and male (which is rare for contracting osteoporosis) and has just been diagnosed (and is due for his immigration interview very soon). He has been advised by his doctor that as long as he remains on medication that he should be able to live a long and normal life (the costs of which I assume he would be responsible for personally).

Does anyone know if this affliction falls into the realm of making him medically inadmissible to Canada?

please email me at [email protected] or respond here.

thank you very much for your advice.
GWNN