Me again...

Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

jinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nice
Default Me again...

Hi..

Okay I'm having one of those " I wanna go home days"

Feel low, sad, and very lonely :-(

I have no friends here which is very depressing, can't even go out for girls night out as I have no one to go with..

Really hating it at the moment.. yep again the same questions going around in my head "was the move a mistake"????????

Can't seem to get the answer to this..

Need some serious cheering up....

Sorry another gloomy email from me..

Jinn
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Me again...

Originally Posted by jinn
Hi..

I have no friends here which is very depressing, can't even go out for girls night out as I have no one to go with..

Really hating it at the moment.. yep again the same questions going around in my head "was the move a mistake"????????

Jinn
Join a club, do some sports etc., meet people, that's all I can suggest. Only you can answer whether it is a mistake - not this forum.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

jinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nice

I have membership to a gym but with work commitments don't really get time to go.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same? anyone regretting moving from the Uk?

Just a question..

anyone leaving in the Mississauga area??????????
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:01 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jinn
Hi..

Jinn
You sound just like me. I have been here 3 months and the way I am feeling I think it was the biggest mistake I have ever made.

I know everyone says get out join clubs ect, but I am feeling so depressed I cant get my self out there.

I hate the house, going food shopping, the people are so rude in the supermarket's, supermarkets huh what a joke, the choice is so limited, drives me mad.

My rant over.

Sorry, havent cheered you up have I
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque
You sound just like me. I have been here 3 months and the way I am feeling I think it was the biggest mistake I have ever made.

I know everyone says get out join clubs ect, but I am feeling so depressed I cant get my self out there.

I hate the house, going food shopping, the people are so rude in the supermarket's, supermarkets huh what a joke, the choice is so limited, drives me mad.

My rant over.

Sorry, havent cheered you up have I
Maybe you two should get together...get it all off your chests...
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it's just me, and I'm sorry if I come across as rude here, but it really gets on my tits when people come on here moaning about how they dont like it.... but then dont do a damn thing about it.

"the people are so rude in the supermarket's"
Oh really? Which people? The staff, the customers? Everyone? C'mon, do me a favour.

Stop dwelling in self pity and get out and do something. Sounds like you've moved all the way over here and then shut yourselves away in your respective houses.

If you dont like it here, move back to the UK.
If you wanna stay, get off your arses and make an effort.
I'm sure there are plenty of singles groups/mums groups (or whatever) for you to join.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:22 pm

jericho;7884756]Maybe it's just me, and I'm sorry if I come across as rude here, but it really gets on my tits when people come on here moaning about how they dont like it.... but then dont do a damn thing about it.

Oh really? Which people? The staff, the customers? Everyone? C'mon, do me a favour.

It was other shopper that blocked the way with their trolley, I said excuse me please, he looked at me and ignored me. In my book thats rude.
Stop dwelling in self pity and get out and do something. Sounds like you've moved all the way over here and then shut yourselves away in your respective houses.

No I havent shut my self in my house, I go out, I have some friends, and chat to the neighbours
I'm sure there are plenty of singles groups/mums groups (or whatever) for you to join.

What can I say about this paragraph!! motivational? supportive?, or rude just like the shopper in Fortinos today?.

I am a 56 yr old grandmother, who has left all of her family in the UK, and sometimes just sometimes it hurts like crazy
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

I know how the OP feel. I have been here 9 weeks and we have had quite a few upsets.
I have not made friends except 3 lovely people thru BE.
BUT........... I know it will happen. I have looked at clubs and meets etc. but I think its quite daunting.
If you can then do make the effort even if it doesnt really interest you. Thats what I'm gonna do. I dont know anything about amateur dramatics but as soon as one here starts up again, I am going to join.
What have I got to lose??
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jericho
Maybe it's just me, and I'm sorry if I come across as rude here, but it really gets on my tits when people come on here moaning about how they dont like it.... but then dont do a damn thing about it.

I didnt come on and say I didnt like it I said I think I had made a mistake coming here.

Fact: the supermarket are inferior to those at home.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Fact: the supermarket are inferior to those at home.
And?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:29 pm

And?
And what exactly?. If you cant contribute in a sensible way, then dont contribute at all.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

And what exactly?. If you cant contribute in a sensible way, then dont contribute at all.
No, my point being is that supermarket quality (or lack thereof) is a tiny consideration, in the whole scheme of things, when considering emigration.

If all you look for are the faults, and fail to see any of the positives, then you're bound to be unhappy here.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:42 pm

No, my point being is that supermarket quality (or lack thereof) is a tiny consideration, in the whole scheme of things, when considering emigration.

If all you look for are the faults, and fail to see any of the positives, then you're bound to be unhappy here.
You are so missing the point of this thread. The OP said she was feeling, low,sad and lonley. She also said that she was hating it here at the moment.

I agreed and said I felt the same way.

We are not complaining, just saying how we feel at the moment,I and I am sure the OP is doing as much as I can, to fit in here and adjust, but sometimes, when you have some ass in the supermarket give you attitude, or you cant find your favorite shampoo, it get's you big time. Silly I know but thats the way it is when you are feeling a bit down.

We are not looking for faults or failing to see the positive, what we are expressing is a state of mind, probaley called home sickness,something I assume every one gets from time to time.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest if Dante Alighieri had seen Missisauga he would have written about the 8 circles of hell.

It's boring, drab, dull and lifeless. Unless you have a vibrant family life going on inside one of those tract houses, what is there to do?

If you are immigrating to Canada DON"T GO TO MISSISAUGA - It's like Slough without the culture!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

One of Judy's excellent wiki articles that Miss Clinque and jinn should read.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Culture_Shock-Canada

Whatever you decide to do in the end, what you are feeling now is perfectly normal. For the vast majority of people it goes away after a while, if not completely then at least to a tolerable level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.