which martime

Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute
Default which martime

hi guys , i have got my iec 2 year working holiday visa for Canada . I have posted on here before about getting an iec visa etc . anyway , i am a long haul trucker in the uk and have since discovered after visiting a canadian jobs fair in dublin and talking to the maratim provinces that if i drive a truck for 6 months to a year ( dependant on provance ) that i can qualify with a little help from my employer to get permant resedency . bypassing the dreaded lmia which are very rare at the min for truckers .
my question is i fancy one of the maratimes and all were at the jobs fair today so i got their input but i would like any unbissed oppioions about way life , friendlyness lifestyle , things to do scenery etc and which one they prefer and why . i am leaning towards nova soctia but am very open to others inputs .

trucking jobs seam plentyful in all . do any canadian truckers have opitions on weather basing myself in newfoundland with its ferry is a benifet or draw back . 8 hour ferry = trucker reset , or is it just a plain hassel that mucks up your driving hours .

sorry for all the question and thanks eveyone in advance .
Old Oct 15th 2015, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Re: which martime

Hello mate and welcome.

There is a truckers section to the forum and you will probably get a better response there (mods move maybe please and thank you?). I suggest you have a good read through a lot of the posts on there as there is plenty of good info.

Trucking jobs are plentiful in these parts and there is a reason for that. They are mostly crap paying jobs for companies that are the scum of the earth that the locals wont touch with a barge pole!

Stick to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. Avoid Newfoundland unless you want to sit for days waiting for a boat. Avoid Prince Edward Island due to terrible companies.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 4:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Any particular reason you are looking at the Maritimes? It's just that it's an unusual choice for a young guy, and I wondered if it was because you thought you'd get PR easier there, when you could actually get PR in most provinces under their PNP's (everywhere except ON iirc).
Old Oct 15th 2015, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute

hi , thanks everyone for replying so soon . i will look in the trucking section also .

i picked the maratimes as they were at the canada job expo in dublin that i attended and they really sold the place to me , the house prices are cheep and plenty of work , also the pnp in either nova scotia or pei would suit well .and flight times to uk/dublin are very short 4-5 hours earlier in the year i visited , saskatoon calgary and bc . really lovely saskatoon but their pnp does not cover tucking unless you drive with a lmia company and the are thin on the ground at he min . Manatoba would also be in the running as i think it is possible to apply for pnp after 8 months of trucking with the same company but no reps from that provance were at he canada expo in dublin , any input would be welcome as i am trying to find out more about manatoba pnp as i like stinebach manatoba . any input about manatoba or maritimes would be welcome also . i have never been to the maratimes but have heard rearly good reports about the people being very friendly and scenery is really nice , but in the trucking forums i have heard alot of bad reports about maratime trucking companys so i need to find out more form possibly unbiased sorced ( if they exist lol )
Can i ask you christmasoompa if you had a iec working holiday visa and were a long haul truck driver like me which province would you pic for ease of pnp to get pr as when i am long haul trucking i will be living in the truck for possibly 3-4 weeks then only home for 2-3 days so most of the time the actual provance does not overly matter as i would probably be there the least.

thanks everyone for taking the time to read and help me out .