Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Manitoba been...

Manitoba been...

Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

illgetmecoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Manitoba been...

Firstly a big thanks to Stewart (MB_REALTOR) for taking the time to show us around the morning before our flight back. Very much appreciated! Thanks for the ice cream too! Haze wants the first house you showed us. Don't think it will still be for sale by the time we're ready to move!

Having done BC and Ontario a number of times, we're glad we made the effort to visit Winnipeg and the surrounding areas cos that's where we're heading. Ticked all the boxes for us. Never have been people for following the crowds Had a pleasant meeting with the Manitoba immigration department and was made very welcome and wanted. Came away with an invite for PNP through the Strategic Initiatives route.

Stayed by lake Winnipeg at Gimli for a few days, drifted over to Brandon, Riding Mountain National Park and passed through Dauphin. Anyone after specific info on these areas we'll try to help.

So forms filled, final pieces of the papertrail arriving, fingers crossed it all goes to plan!

Haze and Tim
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Co-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Manitoba been...

Glad you are sorted, it sounds as though it will all come together nicely!

We have spent the last 5 years planning to move to Ontario, and have actually spent quite some time this year looking at property.

Then I went to visit my son on his farm near Brandon, and just fell in love with the place. So we are going to Manitoba as well, if we don't find a house before winter, we will stay with my son and dil until spring...then look.

I hope you find just what you are looking for and that you have happy productive lives in Manitoba.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba been...

Good too read that you enjoyed Manitoba.
Manitoba immigration have suggested that my family and I come over for an exploritory visit which we are planning to do in August.
Is there anything you could recommend we do to get the most info in our time there? We can only get over for 9 days on this visit, so we can't waste any time. We already plan for a couple of days in Brandon, will mainly be in Winnipeg though.
Did Manitoba Immigration give you any timescale for completion of paperwork etc by going down the Strategic Initiative Route?
Obviously any help/advice will be greatfully recieved.
Cheers
George & Karen