Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Love Canada, not sure about the people

Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love Canada, not sure about the people

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Had to say when i first posted on here ( under a different name ) i encountered some rather nasty posts and it does put you off, i do wonder some times if thats what Canada does to these posters

Bramley please don't stop posting, you had a valid point and one i have noticed from the few Canadian people posted over here in the UK at the moment that i have a lot of contact with,
I do think the posters were joking with you at least thats how i saw it, maybe a little sensative at the moment if there are problems settling ?

Hope you can meet some nice Canadians ( what about volunteering ) let us know how you get on, Good luck
sorry please don't insult canadians by insinuating they are like the expats on this forum, at least the canadians are who they are, I don't know who these people are, they are not canadians and they are certainly not British, so what are they, mongrel comes to mind???
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think Swiss Chalet offers an acceptable low-cost product in the context of being an eat-in fast food joint. The restaurants are clean, comfortable, receptive to disabled people and offer beer and wine. The food quality and the speed of service is erratic but it's cheap and they willingly replace anything the customer finds unacceptable. Swiss Chalet compares favourably to, for example, KFC.

Swiss Chalet delivery however is bizarre. The food is always cold and the volume of packaging horrendous.
you my not like it, but I agree with you, brought my kids there when I was working late in the hotel, and too tired to cook, but knew they got potatoes, gravy and meat, so in my immature mind thought I was being a good mother and they were getting a better fast food altenative, still think that
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:22 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dgjamison
you my not like it, but I agree with you, brought my kids there when I was working late in the hotel, and too tired to cook, but knew they got potatoes, gravy and meat, so in my immature mind thought I was being a good mother and they were getting a better fast food altenative, still think that
McDonalds has lettuce and tomato with their stuff
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Too right, I'm a little woman in a uniform
little woman in a uniform.......oh poor... you how I would hate that... those days are well and truely gone for the intellegent!!!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fledermaus
McDonalds has lettuce and tomato with their stuff
Really.. you noticed???? what do you serve your family????? never served mine McDonalds for dinner .... have you???
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:31 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry please don't insult canadians by insinuating they are like the expats on this forum, at least the canadians are who they are, I don't know who these people are, they are not canadians and they are certainly not British, so what are they, mongrel comes to mind???
Good to see you back.....
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Really.. you noticed???? what do you serve your family????? never served mine McDonalds for dinner .... have you???
One question mark after each sentence is sufficient.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:33 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Which people are you talking about? What happened to the miserable old people moving back to the UK thread?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:34 am

they are certainly not British
Can you explain a little further? I am both British and Canadian, why am I "certainly not British"?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:47 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't know who they are, how do you know they are not Canadian or British? Mongrel is of mixed race, so I guess you have not idea there either
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:50 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Indulge my stereotypical view a little ... has anyone actually met a Mountie?
Attached Thumbnails Love Canada, not sure about the people-mountie.jpg  
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Indulge my stereotypical view a little ... has anyone actually met a Mountie?
Or a lumberjack?

Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:54 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Some pictures just make you snigger, and that is one

Reminds me, must watch the Monty Python box-set I bought for Christmas ...
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Some pictures just make you snigger, and that is one

Reminds me, must watch the Monty Python box-set I bought for Christmas ...
Yeah Benny Hill did too
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Aviator
If you don't know who they are, how do you know they are not Canadian or British? Mongrel is of mixed race, so I guess you have not idea there either
can't quite understand what you are trying to say, please elaborate, have missed the old conflabs missed it to be honest, keep it going adds a bit of spice to this otherwise boring forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.