Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking to work in nova scotia

Looking to work in nova scotia

Old Sep 21st 2015, 10:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to work in nova scotia

Originally Posted by gallagherdayle96
I'm a customer assistant and barista. Nothing amazing there haha, but surprisingly it pays okay for me.
if you're good at it, according to my son who is a server in a bar/restaurant with patio in downtown Toronto, that between April 1 - September 1 its possible on average wages with tips 35 hrs/wk to earn $1500/wk. After the tourists are gone & it gets cooler its down to around $500/wk. Picks up Christmas time, then it goes dead again till spring
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallagherdayle96
Hi thanks for all the replies, Iv'e had a look into the flights and think that Toronto is a good bet, flight times aren't that much different from nova Scotia and a lot more frequent too. A working holiday does seem to be the best bet, and Ill just have to wait for 2016 window to open and hope I get a place. In the meantime though, I'm off work in January for two weeks and would consider getting a flight out to Toronto too see some of the sights. I hope January is still a good time to visit even though it will be cold no doubt. I'll be travelling alone so hopefully that wont be a problem, as in chatting to people and getting around. And not2old I have considered Australia but the working holiday visa prices are a lot more than what they are for Canada, and also you need more proof of funds than what you do in Canada too.
January is a great time to visit, better to visit the country at its worst I think, to make sure you still like it.

But Ontario is another province where you wouldn't be able to get PR unless you're in a 'skilled' job (Levels A, O or B), so it's a place to go for a couple of years of fun, but if you're thinking long term then you'd be better off heading somewhere else.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 22nd 2015 at 8:35 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

I spotted this the other day. The requirements are low, I don't mean that in a condescending type of way, but I mean your age and potentially working experience aligns with these retail jobs which are being advertised to attract people from the UK.

Trades and Services jobs in Canada | Working In Canada

Shift Manager | Halifax, Nova Scotia | Service Manager Jobs in Canada from Working In | Working In Canada