Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

looking for a place for a short term stay

looking for a place for a short term stay

Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default looking for a place for a short term stay

Hi everyone
Ive been on the internet now for hoursssssss searching for cheap accommodation in/near/around Toronto, so wonder if u guys can help? We want to go in the summer to have a look around and were trying to do this as cheaply as poss. There will be me, hubby, a 17 year old and a 13 year old. Were looking for something with a kitchen so we dont have to eat out all the time. I wonder if anyone can recommend a place. We need it reasonably priced but we dont wanna slum it too much
Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:32 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking for a place for a short term stay

Originally Posted by Patsy
Hi everyone
Ive been on the internet now for hoursssssss searching for cheap accommodation in/near/around Toronto, so wonder if u guys can help? We want to go in the summer to have a look around and were trying to do this as cheaply as poss. There will be me, hubby, a 17 year old and a 13 year old. Were looking for something with a kitchen so we dont have to eat out all the time. I wonder if anyone can recommend a place. We need it reasonably priced but we dont wanna slum it too much
Try this place.

http://www.oakvilleinn.ca/

I've never stayed there but I've heard good things about it. You will very much like the area it's in, I promise you. Oakville isn't far from downtown TO, by the way.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
This place is student accomodation in term, general rental in the summer. It's cheap and centrally located. It's just rooms but, maybe two rooms and eating out would work ? How long do you intend to stay ?

http://www.torontothebetter.net/2nycoop.htm
Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Try this place.

I've never stayed there but I've heard good things about it. You will very much like the area it's in, I promise you. Oakville isn't far from downtown TO, by the way.
We went through Oakville on Friday night. It took three hours to get there. "This is hell" said otraynor "how can people live out here ?" I assured her that traffic on the QEW was unusual and I was vindicated on Sunday night when it only took two hours to come in from Oakville.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
We went through Oakville on Friday night. It took three hours to get there. "This is hell" said otraynor "how can people live out here ?" I assured her that traffic on the QEW was unusual and I was vindicated on Sunday night when it only took two hours to come in from Oakville.
Be fair, mate. Friday and Sunday nights at this time of year are probably the worst times to try going anywhere in the GTA. Out of rush hour, it's half an hour between OV and TO.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Be fair, mate. Friday and Sunday nights at this time of year are probably the worst times to try going anywhere in the GTA. Out of rush hour, it's half an hour between OV and TO.
I will admit that, for years, I've only driven out there on Fridays and Sundays. Still, my benchmark for slow is 11 mph, the speed of the car in which Kennedy was standing when shot, I'm never able to do better than that.

Looks quite good now :

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/rescu/loc12.htm
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

This firm looks like it offers the right sort of thing, they require that a month be paid for but, even if you need less it might be cost effective :

http://www.delsuites.com/

The Icon is well located but check that there's parking included (assuming you're renting a car).

This is also reasonable central and also requires that a month be paid :

http://www.stottpilates.com/aboutus/...talsuites.html

Last edited by dbd33; Jun 20th 2005 at 5:45 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
my benchmark for slow is 11 mph, the speed of the car in which Kennedy was standing when shot, I'm never able to do better than that.
It just takes practice, dbd. Surely someone if Regent Park could teach you to pick off people travelling at much higher speeds than that? You need to move on from potting stationary 'coons and try something a little more challenging.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

It just takes practice, dbd. Surely someone if Regent Park could teach you to pick off people travelling at much higher speeds than that? You need to move on from potting stationary 'coons and try something a little more challenging.
'

Hoho. Something I forgot to mention about going to Oakville is that, in order to cut the travel time, we left at 3:15. It's even farther away if you leave at five.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Try this place.

perfect!!! THANK YOU
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:39 am

perfect!!! THANK YOU
My pleasure. Drop me a pm closer to the time and I'll let you know some good places to eat in Oakville, should you get the urge. If you're there in early August, you'll be able to catch the Jazz festival (it'll be hard to miss it, actually).