Reload this Page >

Looking for old post re: first month in Vancouver

Looking for old post re: first month in Vancouver

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

oodles of noodles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for old post re: first month in Vancouver

Hi guys,
I saw a post a few months ago about someones's experience in the first month of moving to Vancouver and settling somewhere around Coquitlam (I think!).

I've looked for it on the search but can't seem to find it.

I'm in the process of planning a move in summer 2013 and wanted to work out the financial burden of the first few weeks. I remember the poster had given a great breakdown of things like buying cars/insurance/bank.

Any other input e.g. relocation costs etc would be fab.

Cheers
Old Nov 4th 2012, 9:12 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for old post re: first month in Vancouver

I think you mean this bird, she is fresh off the boat.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=189590
Old Nov 4th 2012, 9:19 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I think you mean this bird, she is fresh off the boat.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=189590
naah - she has settled Daaahntaaahn
Old Nov 4th 2012, 10:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
naah - she has settled Daaahntaaahn
Or as she'd probably say innenstadt
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

oodles of noodles is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. It wasn't the one I was looking for but when I saw her post, I got all excited.

Actually, I persevered and eventually found the post I was looking for. It was 2 years old and so when I adjusted the time period I was searching in, found it (yay!!!).

How did others do the initial move? I was planning to rent for the first year; thought I'd take a short term furnished let first, then an unfurnished one when our stuff arrived from the UK. I did a search for short term furnished lets and they all seem to be for 6 or 12 months. As we'd have our stuff shipped over, it would take at least a couple of months to arrive (right?). I was planning to bring over our furniture including beds/mattresses. Is that crazy or worth it?

Did others find shorter lets for 2-3 months or did you rent a unfurnished flat straight up and buy stuff.... The problem with this plan is that we'd end up with extra beds/mattress/bedding....

Any advice on how others did the move would be much appreciated.