LOOKING AT NOVA SCOTIA NEWBIE

LOOKING AT NOVA SCOTIA NEWBIE

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

lenart will become famous soon enough
Default LOOKING AT NOVA SCOTIA NEWBIE

Hi all,

Posted earlier thought new thread title would get a response

Thought I would introduce myself I have found this to be a great site and look forward to browsing through the various threads which have some great advice. I have submitted my application for skilled worker status and had reciept from CHC 27/11/08. Now the long wait which as you know can be upto 4 years well it gives us the opportunity to renovate house and research etc.

The one good thing me and the wife are visiting Nova Scotia for 2 weeks in June hiring a RV Motorhome to wrecky the place as well as look at potential job opportunities.

Hope to touch base with you all in the future.

Best Regards Len
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:07 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOOKING AT NOVA SCOTIA NEWBIE

Hello, Len, and welcome to the BE forum.
x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Judy,

Many thanks for warm welcome, have spent a great deal of time reading through various threads and realise that AOE seems the best way forward.
That said visiting Nova Scotia in June to investigate the area may need to look at Community Identified Stream route will this require AOE to folow this line.

I have met with relevant NOC codes to to meet required points on my application but I am aware from reading posts under Immigration section that possible changes could effect existing applications who have received AOR prior to Feb 27th 08. Hence realise AOE will be the best way forward

Anyway like many will continue to be patient and keep focused.

Regards Len
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:13 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenart
Many thanks for warm welcome
You're welcome, Len.

That said visiting Nova Scotia in June to investigate the area
If you haven't already come across it, you may find it useful to read Surrey Expat's brilliant Wiki called Scouting Trip.

may need to look at Community Identified Stream route will this require AOE to folow this line.
No, it doesn't require AEO. See Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

A wrecky! Hope that's not an omen!

You will have a great time - there are so many places to see. If you make it to the North Shore we could meet up and we could give you a tour. Our area is very active with regards to the Community Identified stream and we know masses about it having been through that route.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ontheboatout

Thanks for your encouraging reply, pardon the pun "Wrecky" I see what you mean sounds like an omen.

The Community Identified Stream looks a promising prospect have looked at the relevant Nova Scotia webpages the only drawback is having no community links at present but will be contacting the RDA offices this week to hopefully shed further light.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and who knows may contact you if we are able to head up to North Shore area which I am sure we will.

Once again many thanks we need all the encouragement we can get.

Best Regards Len
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenart
Hi Ontheboatout

Thanks for your encouraging reply, pardon the pun "Wrecky" I see what you mean sounds like an omen.

The Community Identified Stream looks a promising prospect have looked at the relevant Nova Scotia webpages the only drawback is having no community links at present but will be contacting the RDA offices this week to hopefully shed further light.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and who knows may contact you if we are able to head up to North Shore area which I am sure we will.

Once again many thanks we need all the encouragement we can get.

Best Regards Len
Hi and welcome to BE Len, sounds like a great idea to go for a tour ( didn't say it ) in a RV, good luck with your trip your renovation and your research
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Coffeepot,

Thankyou I have been very encouraged by all who have responded to my post and we are certainly keeping focused on developments.

All the best Len
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi Len
Welcome to BE. Have a wonderful trip to NS in June and good luck