Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for a new life in Canada

Looking for a new life in Canada

Old Sep 15th 2015, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

pc1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a new life in Canada

My partner and I are just 50 yrs old looking to move to Canada (eastern area).

Although I would consider us to both be professional in our outlook and through our working lives I wouldn't say we were in the desirable profession bracket.

Where would be the best place to look at moving to and what are the main criteria we need to consider? What advice can anyone offer on how we go about it.

We would be looking to come over in the new year to recon. Do we need to be of certain professions? Would finding a job be an issue? Do we need work before we move?

My partner has a degree in Housing in the UK and has worked in the Social Housing industry for 20 years. I have a law enforcement background ranging from 13 yrs as a Police Officer, 2 years in Prison Service and the past 10 years in Environmental Enforcement for the local authority. I am educated to O level (High School) standard but with 30 yrs experience of law enforcement behind me.

Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks for any advice received.

Paul and Terri

Last edited by pc1966; Sep 15th 2015 at 4:11 pm. Reason: Typos
Old Sep 15th 2015, 4:36 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a new life in Canada

Originally Posted by pc1966
My partner and I are just 50 yrs old looking to move to Canada (eastern area).

Although I would consider us to both be professional in our outlook and through our working lives I wouldn't say we were in the desirable profession bracket.

Where would be the best place to look at moving to and what are the main criteria we need to consider? What advice can anyone offer on how we go about it.

We would be looking to come over in the new year to recon. Do we need to be of certain professions? Would finding a job be an issue? Do we need work before we move?

My partner has a degree in Housing in the UK and has worked in the Social Housing industry for 20 years. I have a law enforcement background ranging from 13 yrs as a Police Officer, 2 years in Prison Service and the past 10 years in Environmental Enforcement for the local authority. I am educated to O level (High School) standard but with 30 yrs experience of law enforcement behind me.

Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks for any advice received.

Paul and Terri
Welcome....

Given up on America have you?

Why do you want to move to Canada?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:05 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

if you have money, are healthy, then look at New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or PEI

Make an application or see if you qualify

Immigrate to Canada
Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've answered on your US thread, but welcome to the best part of the forum.