Reload this Page >

Looking for friends in North Vancouver area

Looking for friends in North Vancouver area

Old Feb 6th 2014, 3:34 am
Moved to North Van 2012

spiffington is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for friends in North Vancouver area

Hi there,

I moved out here in May 2012 with my husband and I am struggling to find "proper" friends. By this I mean I have lots of acquaintances but no-one I can really talk to regularly or that I have a real connection with. Obviously my oh is great, but I'd like some other folks around that don't live with me!

I'm into running (though I don't want a running partner!), the outdoors, trails, kayaking, reading, writing (I write children's books), films, TV, Anime / cartoons, games, food, cooking, making things, craft fairs, exploring, sitting around chatting with cups of tea...lots of things really. I'm pretty easy-osy but it would be nice to meet someone that is happy to meet up on a spur of the moment (I'm quite spontaneous, I don't like to plan *every* detail of my life) as well as go on planned outings/trips etc. I also love dogs so if you'd like a dog walking partner I'd love to join you!

I'm 32, tall, dark longish red hair, piercings, tattoos (don't let that put you off! I'm nice!), no kids, two cats, friendly, loyal and just a little bit lonely.

I love it here, I'd just like to meet some more people I can share that with

Oh and I live near Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver so anyone local-ish would be great.

Thanks everyone!

ps - I don't believe you have to spend a fortune to have a good time. Good company tops expensive outings any day of the week in my book!

Last edited by spiffington; Feb 6th 2014 at 4:04 am. Reason: Additional info
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for friends in North Vancouver area

Originally Posted by spiffington
Hi there,

I moved out here in May 2012 with my husband and I am struggling to find "proper" friends. By this I mean I have lots of acquaintances but no-one I can really talk to regularly or that I have a real connection with. Obviously my oh is great, but I'd like some other folks around that don't live with me!

I'm into running (though I don't want a running partner!), the outdoors, trails, kayaking, reading, writing (I write children's books), films, TV, Anime / cartoons, games, food, cooking, making things, craft fairs, exploring, sitting around chatting with cups of tea...lots of things really. I'm pretty easy-osy but it would be nice to meet someone that is happy to meet up on a spur of the moment (I'm quite spontaneous, I don't like to plan *every* detail of my life) as well as go on planned outings/trips etc. I also love dogs so if you'd like a dog walking partner I'd love to join you!

I'm 32, tall, dark longish red hair, piercings, tattoos (don't let that put you off! I'm nice!), no kids, two cats, friendly, loyal and just a little bit lonely.

I love it here, I'd just like to meet some more people I can share that with

Oh and I live near Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver so anyone local-ish would be great.

Thanks everyone!

ps - I don't believe you have to spend a fortune to have a good time. Good company tops expensive outings any day of the week in my book!
We moved over last summer, not as fit as you sound but willing to meet for lunch, dog walks and crafty stuff. I have purple hair, tattoos and piercings! (I'm also a vicar but don't let that put you off!)
We are in Coquitalm so not too far away!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:45 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in East Van .. Have friends on the north side ! Also work at gym in Vancouver and Burnaby

I run, slowly , but am a but older than you. ....46!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

the churches coolest vicar!
Old Feb 9th 2014, 5:39 am
Moved to North Van 2012

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
We moved over last summer, not as fit as you sound but willing to meet for lunch, dog walks and crafty stuff. I have purple hair, tattoos and piercings! (I'm also a vicar but don't let that put you off!)
We are in Coquitalm so not too far away!
Hello hello

Thank you so much for your reply. I'd love to meet up for a dog walk. We can arrange things via private message, save boring everyone on the forum to death...

I'll send you one
Old Feb 9th 2014, 5:40 am
Moved to North Van 2012

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I'm in East Van .. Have friends on the north side ! Also work at gym in Vancouver and Burnaby

I run, slowly , but am a but older than you. ....46!
Hi!

If you want to meet up sometime then I would be game for that. Send me a private message and we can arrange something

Thanks for your reply!
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Try meetup.com I've recently met lots of people through it, but I'm part of all the new mommies groups at the moment.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:32 am
Moved to North Van 2012

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
Try meetup.com I've recently met lots of people through it, but I'm part of all the new mommies groups at the moment.
Thanks for your reply. I've been to a few meetup things, just haven't met the right people I guess! Glad you're getting on well
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spiffington
Thanks for your reply. I've been to a few meetup things, just haven't met the right people I guess! Glad you're getting on well
I completely understand. It took me over a year and a baby to meet the first (and only so far) 'right' person. Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2014, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I live near Grouse Mountain too although I'm a bit older than you. I've struggled to make friends too. If you feel like a coffee sometime, send me a message. I can't send you a PM as you have to have made at least three posts. This is my first ... and I posted as I spotted that you are nearby and I also don't know many people here. It's a beautiful place, but sometimes it's tough to make friends. My girls (teenagers) go to the nearby schools. I do a bit of online work and am just setting up a small business.