Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

London schools

London schools

Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

jumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond repute
Default London schools

Hello to all of you good people of London Ontario! We are planning our big move ,we have a 13 year old boy and an 9 year old girl.does anyone have any good recommendations regarding schooling?names and areas so we can start narrowing our searches plz.we are going on a recce trip this August but the schools will be shut I guess!so any first hand advice is most welcome.Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London schools

Public schools or Roman Catholic?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

jumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond reputejumomo has a reputation beyond repute

Public plz
Old Apr 1st 2013, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Try this for some info - obviously you cant fully rely,on this, but it may give you some guidance. http://www.fraserinstitute.org/repor...e/ontario.aspx

Elementary schools are very strict with catchment areas......high schools not so much, but not guaranteed. They checked us out for high schools even though we were in the area.

Have a look at thames valley district school board site, they list the high schools and then the feeder elementary schools which might help you narrow it down. They also have the boundary maps on the site.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much. This is a great help.
Looking to research London and surrounding area e.g St. Thomas
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:09 pm
don't fail to research

No1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of light

HI, I stay on London Ontario, so if you want some feedback on the area let me know.

I'll be honest it is very quiet, not a lot in it, and they only reason we like it, is the fact it is so close to the USA and we can drove down via Sarnie within the hour. Shopping for groceries etc is so much cheaper there.

My children presently go to Chippewa Elementary - you can check out the school board here: http://www.tvdsb.ca/. The last school they went to (Brick Street) closed down and we moved to the other side of the city. The school is not bad, but their academics are nowhere as good as the UK. My daughter was two years ahead when she arrived here, but did not get the support to move ahead and they kept her in Grade one so she lost a lot of her skills. (even though we tried hard!) I do find bullying to be a bit prevalent, and not properly dealt with by the head teacher.

There are a lot of new schools being built, particularly catholic schools and an awful lot of new housing areas. I just wonder how they are going to fill them as jobs here are soooooo limited and very poorly paid.

If you have any questions drop me a note, if I don't know the answer I'll try to find out for you.

Irene
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:22 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be about ILEA kids