Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Location Location Location

Location Location Location

Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:56 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location Location Location

Originally Posted by sharkus
Just off Heritage Way. So it's within a "box" of Bronte Rd to the west, Upper Middle to the North, QEW to the South and Third Line to the east.

I think it's referred to as Glen Abbey, or Glen Abbey West.

It's 3 bedroom, 1 full bathroom, 3 powder rooms, large deck, small garden, driveway for 2 cars, single car garage, fully finished basement. It's what I'd call in the UK a terraced/row house (not sure if townhouse would be a more accurate description, a block of five, we're in the middle. Backs onto woodland.

mmm need a ton of upgrading per chance??
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:57 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
mmm need a ton of upgrading per chance??
ahhh should have read your post thoroughly - a Townhome. That explains it. I thought you meant a single family home!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:58 pm

nutgrove is an unknown quantity at this point

says 0 properties?? seems about right
agree, no detached houses in Oakville for $350k ...

Townhouses & condo's maybe
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Had many women DBD33?
Yes, but only five "permanent" ones.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes, but only five "permanent" ones.

You're a wee dark horse me thinks!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:00 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

says 0 properties?? seems about right
I've just done this search on MLS and it came up with a couple of properties.

One thing I should mention is that the house was originally listed at $379, but it dropped to $350.

Yes, not a semi or a detached. You're quite right, if it were fully detached or even a semi it would be a tiny bit more expensive. I think our next place will be a semi or more hopefully a fully detached place. We're very happy where we are though at the moment
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

sbradbu1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a great shout, we will deffo be renting for the 1st 12months.

The only other issue we have of course is putting the kids in school, dont really want to get them in school, get them settled, then move to the other side of GTA to decrease my commute,

I guess I will just need lady luck on my side..

I can deffo cope with an hour, would rather it be by train of some sort, so at least I can read a book (or the Beano)
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by sbradbu1
Thats a great shout, we will deffo be renting for the 1st 12months.

The only other issue we have of course is putting the kids in school, dont really want to get them in school, get them settled, then move to the other side of GTA to decrease my commute,

I guess I will just need lady luck on my side..

I can deffo cope with an hour, would rather it be by train of some sort, so at least I can read a book (or the Beano)
everyone on the commute reads the popular free daily rag called '24 hours' much like the 'Metro' free daily in the UK

No luck, just simple common sense - it'll all work out
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by sharkus
I've just done this search on MLS and it came up with a couple of properties.

One thing I should mention is that the house was originally listed at $379, but it dropped to $350.

Yes, not a semi or a detached. You're quite right, if it were fully detached or even a semi it would be a tiny bit more expensive. I think our next place will be a semi or more hopefully a fully detached place. We're very happy where we are though at the moment
Oakville is nice.....only been here a month, but we love it!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Oakville is very appealing, Being a very keen golfer, and having Glen Abbey near by to!!!!!!

goodtimes!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:33 pm

Oakville is very appealing, Being a very keen golfer, and having Glen Abbey near by to!!!!!!

goodtimes!!!
posters are trying to influence you on Oakville .... BAH!

Seriously though have you looked at whats available in jobs in your field yet, contacted any potential employers here (not necessarily Toronto/GTA but other places in Canada)? &

At anytime have you ever visited Canada, or would you be emigrating cold turkey?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:34 pm

goodtimes!!!

Defo in the right place for golf.............
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

I havnt contacted anyone as of yet, we are at the very beggining of the application.

We have been advised 6-8 months from the london office.

Its kindda strange, As they say there is a shortage of people with my skills, but that doesnt really seem to be the case from looking around(not that i'm complaining of course)

Our plan is to get the PR sorted (fingers crossed, we score in the late 70's and I have a masters degree pending, that I should completed before we move out),
then we have been told we have to live in Canada for 2 out of the first 5 years.
Once we were soted and had done a few scout trips and a little vacation out Banff way (early 2010).

Then I would start contacting perspective employess agencies and so forth.

Of course I am open to any advice on my plan....
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:44 pm

Defo in the right place for golf.............
Agree on Oakville, but .... Toronto & the GTA in general is a golfers paradise

Even NE or NW GTA

Google 'golf in Newmarket' or 'golf in brooklin'
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:47 pm

I havnt contacted anyone as of yet, we are at the very beggining of the application.

We have been advised 6-8 months from the london office.

Our plan is to get the PR sorted (fingers crossed, we score in the late 70's and I have a masters degree pending, that I should completed before we move out), then we have been told we have to live in Canada for 2 out of the first 5 years.

the reference you made to "2 out of the first 5 years", is this something new in order for you to get approved PR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.