Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

loads of info now needed

loads of info now needed

Old Sep 30th 2006, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

sharonl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default loads of info now needed

my husband has now had his job offer confirmed and is due to start in the new year.

bit of a very broad question but what do we/he need to do now?

he is going out there alone and the company have 'promised' to help out in gaing our PR in a years time.

what is the next steps.

all info and advice full welcomed
Old Sep 30th 2006, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: loads of info now needed

Originally Posted by sharonl
my husband has now had his job offer confirmed and is due to start in the new year.

he is going out there alone and the company have 'promised' to help out in gaing our PR in a years time.

what is the next steps.

Hi Sharon

My hubby has a job out there too. We are waiting for LMO (Labour MArket Opinion) which is what we need to get the Work Permit. So it all depends on whether you are going LMO or AEO.

We are going LMO route and then going for PR status when we get there.

The company he is going to work for has done the application for the LMO which i am pretty sure they have to and then when we get positive decision on this then he will apply for Work Permit on arrival at Calgary Airport which takes anything between 45 mins and 2 hours by all accounts

If you need any other info pm me if u want
Gaynor
Old Sep 30th 2006, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Sharon

My hubby has a job out there too. We are waiting for LMO (Labour MArket Opinion) which is what we need to get the Work Permit. So it all depends on whether you are going LMO or AEO.

We are going LMO route and then going for PR status when we get there.

The company he is going to work for has done the application for the LMO which i am pretty sure they have to and then when we get positive decision on this then he will apply for Work Permit on arrival at Calgary Airport which takes anything between 45 mins and 2 hours by all accounts

If you need any other info pm me if u want
Gaynor
the company has already done the paperwork and he has his work permit.not seen a copy of it yet but they did say no job offer would be made without it.only found this out this morning so everything is still up in the air
Old Oct 1st 2006, 12:20 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Hi Sharon,
There's a lot to do. Our experience has been that the company's don't offer as much support as you'd hope - and you're actually lucky to get much at all. So that's good news really.

As to what to do, there's some information that I have put together in the past at:
http://www.relocation2bc.com/checklist.htm
and also
http://www.relocation2bc.com/arrival-checklist.htm
Although these were written for BC, a lot of it is true wherever you are going.

the company has already done the paperwork and he has his work permit.not seen a copy of it yet but they did say no job offer would be made without it.only found this out this morning so everything is still up in the air
Warmly,

Frank
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:08 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

what is the next steps.

Well apart from the useful general information provide all ready. You need to know most is everyone doesn't know your business.

so how about a few details like what is the job, what city, what area in that city, what family requirements old young just U2, or is there others.

Really helps, as a deep sea crab fishman requirements are slight different from stock market analysis in toronto.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grah
Well apart from the useful general information provide all ready. You need to know most is everyone doesn't know your business.

so how about a few details like what is the job, what city, what area in that city, what family requirements old young just U2, or is there others.

Really helps, as a deep sea crab fishman requirements are slight different from stock market analysis in toronto.
he has been offered a job with general cable in moose jaw,sask.he is the only one going over.they have his work permit authorised and he has been given his start date in jan 07.

after that he is now after more info from the company about accomodation etc.sorry for being vague but its a bit of a bolt out of the blue as he was due to fly to their hq in europe for more tests etc before any offer was made.