Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

LMO Wording and documentation for POE TWP

LMO Wording and documentation for POE TWP

Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default LMO Wording and documentation for POE TWP

Hi all,

I received a copy of my LMO today, which is great, but I have a query about the wording.

I knew it was only going to be for 1 year, so I know as soon as i get out there I should get my PR application going. Now, looking at the wording of the LMO it says "Duration of Employment: 3 years", then at the bottom it says "Annex Footnote: Duration of Employment should read 1 year only". So, am I right in thinking this is telling CIC to only issue me a 1 year work permit, even though the LMO is good for 3 years?

I guess I should hope they rush me through immigration, don't see the footnote and give me a 3 year TWP...

Also, I know it has been done to death on here previously, but does anyone have any recent experience of applying for a TWP at POE, and what documentation did you take? Sorry for covering old ground, I guess i'm nervous now, it all seems more real now I have the LMO in hand!!!

Cheers

Last edited by wolstie; Feb 19th 2010 at 7:35 am.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:52 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO Wording and documentation for POE TWP

Not sure about the footnote thing, but my understanding of the wording is that what they are saying is that the duration of employment is one year, and therefore WP should be for one year.....It would appear that you LMO is only good for one year, so you will need to reapply in about 9 months time, depends on the processing time of where you are going to be.

You need to factor that in, make sure you apply for PR asap, there is no guarantee that they will issue another LMO, no one knows where the world economy (or Canada's) will be in nine months time.

Our LMO experience is not new, we did POE 2008 (OH on his own), I applied for SOWP and the kids visitor records at POE, and last year we drove to Buffalo went to the Canadian Consulate and got the WP approval letter and reapplied for WP at POE. I understand your concerns, all you should need is passport, LMO, and your job offer/contract.

To be on the safe side you should have any documentation that makes you eligible for that job, trade exams etc. Here is the wiki article, as long as you have all your documents there really should be no problems.

Charlie

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...o_apply-Canada
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your reply, that's great thanks.

I know I don't need police certs either, but may get one done just to be prepared and give them as much as possible
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

My main problem now is they spelt my name wrong on the LMO... so back to Service Canada to get them to fix it before I head to the port of entry on April 7th...

Why does nothing go smooth for me???!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:16 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie
Thanks for your reply, that's great thanks.

I know I don't need police certs either, but may get one done just to be prepared and give them as much as possible

I would get police certs before you come, you are going to need them for your PR app, as time will be tight for you bring everything you will need for your PR app with you.

We did POE at Toronto last May and it was really easy and quick, we just bought every bit of paper we had, all they looked at was LMO and written job offer.

Good luck
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I would get police certs before you come, you are going to need them for your PR app, as time will be tight for you bring everything you will need for your PR app with you.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Just downloaded the form for police certs, will get them before we go hopefully
Name corrected on the LMO too, woohoo, can relax a bit now. Only a bit though.