British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Lloyds Chaps transfer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/lloyds-chaps-transfer-782947/)

karamba Jan 8th 2013 5:08 am

Lloyds Chaps transfer

Hi all!

I need to make a CHAPS transfer from my Lloyds TSB account to another account in the UK. Normally I'd do this at a branch, but I am currently in Canada and I'm not sure how to go about it from here.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do make a CHAPS transfer over the phone? Do I need to be registered for phone banking in order to do that?

Would appreciate any pointers!

Thanks!
Kevin

james.mc Jan 8th 2013 8:17 am

Re: Lloyds Chaps transfer

Originally Posted by karamba (Post 10470573)
Hi all!

I need to make a CHAPS transfer from my Lloyds TSB account to another account in the UK. Normally I'd do this at a branch, but I am currently in Canada and I'm not sure how to go about it from here.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do make a CHAPS transfer over the phone? Do I need to be registered for phone banking in order to do that?

Thanks!
Kevin

Do you have access to internet banking at Lloyds TSB UK? You can transfer through internet banking very easily/quickly. UK-UK account is pretty much instant.

I'm based in Portugal and have carried out such transfers a few times with no issues.

KJM Jan 8th 2013 9:47 am

Originally Posted by karamba (Post 10470573)
Hi all!

Thanks!
Kevin

I have paid various things from Canada using Lioyds TSB online banking, its very quick as well.

karamba Jan 8th 2013 4:46 pm

I should have mentioned that the transfer is to a business account and they require it to be a CHAPS transfer. I used to do it at my local branch. I'm pretty sure it can't be done online..

KJM Jan 8th 2013 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by karamba (Post 10471768)
I should have mentioned that the transfer is to a business account and they require it to be a CHAPS transfer. I used to do it at my local branch. I'm pretty sure it can't be done online..

I have transferred money to business accounts as well. Good luck.

AdrianR Jan 8th 2013 8:43 pm

I did this in Mexico some 13 years back - took phone calls and a fax (they needed a signature) to CHAPS about £50,000.