Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

living wage in ontario

living wage in ontario

Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

strength is on a distinguished road
Default living wage in ontario

applied for a job in GTA area, they said contact them when I arrive in canada. Rent in toronto area is expensive as well as taxes is it worth it or am I better of in western canada. Like scenery, and old fashioned living, example not london uk living.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living wage in ontario

Originally Posted by strength
applied for a job in GTA area, they said contact them when I arrive in canada. Rent in toronto area is expensive as well as taxes is it worth it or am I better of in western canada. Like scenery, and old fashioned living, example not london uk living.
Not sure really what you are implying with the "old fashioned living" comment, does that even exisist these days? But you certainly won't find that ideal in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, or Toronto or other such places.

If you want a quieter less hectic, less metropolitan life ask the pilot to let you out over the Maritime Provinces.....

All the best, Kev...
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living wage in ontario

Just read through a few of your posts and feel you are going about this in the wrong way.

There are basically 2 ways to come across as a skilled worker.

The first is to apply in London for PR, this can take up to 4 years before you get the go ahead, if your successful.

The second is to be offered a job by a Canadian company and that company can apply for a LMO for you, if the LMO is granted, you can apply for a temporary work permit and come over to work. This can take 1 to 3 months (once they apply for the LMO), depends on the speed of the LMO. Once here you can then apply for PR.

I did it the 2nd way, I searched for companies for which my experience would be beneficial and sent letters, including a copy of my resume (different layout to our CV). I gave them a period when I was going to be in Canada if they wanted to interview me.

I was lucky and I am now here. I sent letters in July 2007, visited Canada in October and started working in April 2008.

Only one company responded as well, if I was doing it different now, I would have probably phoned first and maybe I may have had more response.

What skills do you have? Different provinces may have different needs.